The Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) International has released its new Guide to Developing a Standard Operating Procedure Manual, which aims to assist property professionals with developing or updating a standard operating procedure (SOP) manual for their commercial properties. SOP manuals are critical in facility management since they aggregate policies, procedures, instructions, and directives so buildings can be managed safely, efficiently, and consistently.
“We are excited to publish the new Guide to Developing a Standard Operating Procedure Manual, which will serve as a vital tool for property managers looking to develop or update a SOP manual,” remarked BOMA International Chair James A. Peck, RPA, FMA, senior director of asset services, CB Richard Ellis. “This publication simplifies the often daunting process of compiling building policies and procedures into one cohesive document, and will allow property professionals to manage their properties even more effectively.”
BOMA’s new Guide to Developing a Standard Operating Procedure Manual is a downloadable publication and features easy-to-read, step-by-step guidelines on how to create an SOP manual, with detailed outlines of 18 commonly used sections, including Tenant Emergency Plan, Lease Administration, Accounting and Reporting, Business Plans and Re-Forecasts, Contracts/Contract Services, Management Office Operations, Physical Operations, Safety and OSHA Compliance, Fire and Life Safety Systems, Security, and more. The guide also provides business tips from the author, Marc Fischer, MBA, CPM®, RPA, CCIM, along with a comprehensive listing of additional resources.
For more information and to purchase BOMA’s Guide to Developing a Standard Operating Procedure Manual, visit the BOMA Bookstore.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management