The Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) International has released its new Guide to Developing a Standard Operating Procedure Manual, which aims to assist property professionals with developing or updating a standard operating procedure (SOP) manual for their commercial properties. SOP manuals are critical in facility management since they aggregate policies, procedures, instructions, and directives so buildings can be managed safely, efficiently, and consistently.
“We are excited to publish the new Guide to Developing a Standard Operating Procedure Manual, which will serve as a vital tool for property managers looking to develop or update a SOP manual,” remarked BOMA International Chair James A. Peck, RPA, FMA, senior director of asset services, CB Richard Ellis. “This publication simplifies the often daunting process of compiling building policies and procedures into one cohesive document, and will allow property professionals to manage their properties even more effectively.”
BOMA’s new Guide to Developing a Standard Operating Procedure Manual is a downloadable publication and features easy-to-read, step-by-step guidelines on how to create an SOP manual, with detailed outlines of 18 commonly used sections, including Tenant Emergency Plan, Lease Administration, Accounting and Reporting, Business Plans and Re-Forecasts, Contracts/Contract Services, Management Office Operations, Physical Operations, Safety and OSHA Compliance, Fire and Life Safety Systems, Security, and more. The guide also provides business tips from the author, Marc Fischer, MBA, CPM®, RPA, CCIM, along with a comprehensive listing of additional resources.
For more information and to purchase BOMA’s Guide to Developing a Standard Operating Procedure Manual, visit the BOMA Bookstore.
You might like:
- Lighting Maintenance: LED Lighting Retrofits
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Friday Funny: Housekeeping Olympic Games
- Cyber Security For Buildings
- Services & Maintenance: Key Pest Control Concerns For Facilities
- Site Security: Background Checks
- Hotel Case Study: A Vision By The Sea
- Texas Water Dashboard App From USGS
- FM Issue: Power Protection For IoT Connection
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- LED Innovation For Warehouse Facility
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Marriage Of Mobility And Facility Security
- 4 Keys To Improve Energy Efficiency Projects
- New York Offers Commercial Buildings $36M To Cut Energy Costs