The Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) International has released its new Guide to Developing a Standard Operating Procedure Manual, which aims to assist property professionals with developing or updating a standard operating procedure (SOP) manual for their commercial properties. SOP manuals are critical in facility management since they aggregate policies, procedures, instructions, and directives so buildings can be managed safely, efficiently, and consistently.
“We are excited to publish the new Guide to Developing a Standard Operating Procedure Manual, which will serve as a vital tool for property managers looking to develop or update a SOP manual,” remarked BOMA International Chair James A. Peck, RPA, FMA, senior director of asset services, CB Richard Ellis. “This publication simplifies the often daunting process of compiling building policies and procedures into one cohesive document, and will allow property professionals to manage their properties even more effectively.”
BOMA’s new Guide to Developing a Standard Operating Procedure Manual is a downloadable publication and features easy-to-read, step-by-step guidelines on how to create an SOP manual, with detailed outlines of 18 commonly used sections, including Tenant Emergency Plan, Lease Administration, Accounting and Reporting, Business Plans and Re-Forecasts, Contracts/Contract Services, Management Office Operations, Physical Operations, Safety and OSHA Compliance, Fire and Life Safety Systems, Security, and more. The guide also provides business tips from the author, Marc Fischer, MBA, CPM®, RPA, CCIM, along with a comprehensive listing of additional resources.
For more information and to purchase BOMA’s Guide to Developing a Standard Operating Procedure Manual, visit the BOMA Bookstore.
You might like:
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention