EnOcean Sponsoring 2010 Winter Olympian
The Olympic Winter Games Opening Ceremony takes place today, February 12, 2010, at Vancouver’s BC Place. The Closing Ceremony on February 28, 2010 will also be held at BC Place.
“As the inventor of self-powered solutions, EnOcean has a keen eye for performance derived from ambient sources of power. Catherine skates at world class speeds using power generated from sources available to her— years of practice, sustained hard work and focus at every step,” said Troy Davis, representative of EnOcean North America.
“Our intent is to help Catherine build upon her outstanding body of work and help sustain the levels of excellence she has earned,” added Davis.
Catherine is focused on medalling in the Olympic Winter Games in Vancouver, British Columbia. She will compete in the Ladies’ 3000m speed skating event on February 14th. Catherine’s presence on the Team Pursuit team improves America’s chances for medalling in the event on February 26th and 27th. She is the U.S. record holder in the 3000m and 5000m races. Her profile can be viewed here.
The inventor of energy harvesting wireless sensor networks, EnOcean manufactures the self-powered radio and energy harvesting modules that enable OEMs to develop wireless sensors & switches for new and retrofit BAS (Building Automation Systems). The batteryless radio modules convert ambient solar, thermal, and motion energy into useable electrical energy that powers building energy management communications. These “peel-n-stick” devices reduce the time, cost, and occupant disruption of energy conservation retrofits; and provide flexibility in new construction. The company is a spin-off of Siemens AG and U.S. operations are based in Boston, MA.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ