EnOcean Sponsoring 2010 Winter Olympian
The Olympic Winter Games Opening Ceremony takes place today, February 12, 2010, at Vancouver’s BC Place. The Closing Ceremony on February 28, 2010 will also be held at BC Place.
“As the inventor of self-powered solutions, EnOcean has a keen eye for performance derived from ambient sources of power. Catherine skates at world class speeds using power generated from sources available to her— years of practice, sustained hard work and focus at every step,” said Troy Davis, representative of EnOcean North America.
“Our intent is to help Catherine build upon her outstanding body of work and help sustain the levels of excellence she has earned,” added Davis.
Catherine is focused on medalling in the Olympic Winter Games in Vancouver, British Columbia. She will compete in the Ladies’ 3000m speed skating event on February 14th. Catherine’s presence on the Team Pursuit team improves America’s chances for medalling in the event on February 26th and 27th. She is the U.S. record holder in the 3000m and 5000m races. Her profile can be viewed here.
The inventor of energy harvesting wireless sensor networks, EnOcean manufactures the self-powered radio and energy harvesting modules that enable OEMs to develop wireless sensors & switches for new and retrofit BAS (Building Automation Systems). The batteryless radio modules convert ambient solar, thermal, and motion energy into useable electrical energy that powers building energy management communications. These “peel-n-stick” devices reduce the time, cost, and occupant disruption of energy conservation retrofits; and provide flexibility in new construction. The company is a spin-off of Siemens AG and U.S. operations are based in Boston, MA.
You might like:
- New GSU College of Law Building Encourages Interaction
- Focus On: Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)
- Question Of The Week: Indoor Air Quality Effects?
- Energy Conservation, Student Performance Top Reasons for Improving U.S. Public Schools
- Question of the Week: What Happens During Mold Remediation?
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Question Of The Week: Annual Testing And Maintenance Of Backflow Preventer
- Question of the Week: How Can I Prevent Bed Bugs In My Facility?
- FM Compliance: Don’t Ignore These Seven Areas
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- New Product Flash: UltraDuty GHS Chemical Labels From Avery
- Grogan & Dove Federal Building Named DBIA Design-Build Project Of The Year
- FM Alert: CABA Report Highlights Role of Controls In Zero Net Energy Buildings
- Question of the Week: What Are The Cleaning Benefits of Aqueous Ozone?
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management