The IFMA Foundation has released Lighting Solutions, a practical guide for introducing and advancing sustainable practices that revolve around proper illumination in commercial buildings. The guide is the fourth in the Sustainability “How-to” Guide Series released the IFMA Foundation.
Available free of charge, Lighting Solutions gives an overview of several keys to lighting initiatives, including:
- Building a business case for sustainability through energy efficiency and indoor environmental quality;
- Procurement of lighting components and systems, including lamp type, ballast selection, and controls;
- Group re-lamping and the benefits of a wash and re-lamp program;
- Alternative means of illumination, including the use of natural light and daylight harvesting;
- De-lamping, maintaining light levels while decreasing energy use; and
- Case studies that offer real-world insight into effective approaches.
The new guide was written by Bill Conley, CFM, CFMJ, IFMA Fellow, LEED AP, currently the managing director of the LEED®/Sustainability Development Group for Pacific Building Care, with the help of a cross section of subject matter experts in lighting and facilities management. The guide provides a practical point of reference for facilities managers across multiple industry sectors.
“Lighting is a critical component of energy costs and is the largest contributor to a commercial property’s electricity bill,” said Eric Teicholz, executive editor of the Sustainability “How-to” Guide Series. “This guide shows organizations how they can significantly lower total energy costs while at the same time improving lighting quality.”
For a free PDF of the guide, click this link: Lighting Solutions
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management