The IFMA Foundation has released Lighting Solutions, a practical guide for introducing and advancing sustainable practices that revolve around proper illumination in commercial buildings. The guide is the fourth in the Sustainability “How-to” Guide Series released the IFMA Foundation.
Available free of charge, Lighting Solutions gives an overview of several keys to lighting initiatives, including:
- Building a business case for sustainability through energy efficiency and indoor environmental quality;
- Procurement of lighting components and systems, including lamp type, ballast selection, and controls;
- Group re-lamping and the benefits of a wash and re-lamp program;
- Alternative means of illumination, including the use of natural light and daylight harvesting;
- De-lamping, maintaining light levels while decreasing energy use; and
- Case studies that offer real-world insight into effective approaches.
The new guide was written by Bill Conley, CFM, CFMJ, IFMA Fellow, LEED AP, currently the managing director of the LEED®/Sustainability Development Group for Pacific Building Care, with the help of a cross section of subject matter experts in lighting and facilities management. The guide provides a practical point of reference for facilities managers across multiple industry sectors.
“Lighting is a critical component of energy costs and is the largest contributor to a commercial property’s electricity bill,” said Eric Teicholz, executive editor of the Sustainability “How-to” Guide Series. “This guide shows organizations how they can significantly lower total energy costs while at the same time improving lighting quality.”
For a free PDF of the guide, click this link: Lighting Solutions
You might like:
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention