The IFMA Foundation has released Lighting Solutions, a practical guide for introducing and advancing sustainable practices that revolve around proper illumination in commercial buildings. The guide is the fourth in the Sustainability “How-to” Guide Series released the IFMA Foundation.
Available free of charge, Lighting Solutions gives an overview of several keys to lighting initiatives, including:
- Building a business case for sustainability through energy efficiency and indoor environmental quality;
- Procurement of lighting components and systems, including lamp type, ballast selection, and controls;
- Group re-lamping and the benefits of a wash and re-lamp program;
- Alternative means of illumination, including the use of natural light and daylight harvesting;
- De-lamping, maintaining light levels while decreasing energy use; and
- Case studies that offer real-world insight into effective approaches.
The new guide was written by Bill Conley, CFM, CFMJ, IFMA Fellow, LEED AP, currently the managing director of the LEED®/Sustainability Development Group for Pacific Building Care, with the help of a cross section of subject matter experts in lighting and facilities management. The guide provides a practical point of reference for facilities managers across multiple industry sectors.
“Lighting is a critical component of energy costs and is the largest contributor to a commercial property’s electricity bill,” said Eric Teicholz, executive editor of the Sustainability “How-to” Guide Series. “This guide shows organizations how they can significantly lower total energy costs while at the same time improving lighting quality.”
For a free PDF of the guide, click this link: Lighting Solutions
You might like:
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management
- Trends: Lighting Takes Center Stage
- Friday Funny: The Verdict’s In On Pets At Work
- Education Case Study: Wellness In Action
- DCIM For Facility Management
- Physical Security Planning
- Question Of The Week: Design Leads To Tricky Facility Repair?
- JLL Creates Workplace Of The Future At Revamped HQ
- The HVAC Factor: New Life For An Aging Chiller Plant
- Why Governance Is Critical To Successful Outsourcing
- Friday Funny: Take Me (And Your Wallet) Out To The Ballgame
- Friday Funny: Building Face Draws Curb Appeal?
- Clean Energy Finance Tool Awarded At Bloomberg Event
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms