Minus5 Bringing Ice to the Olympics
Minus5, who opened America’s first ice lounge, will be debuting their new concept, The Minus5 Igloo, during the Winter Olympics. The portable ice lounges will be unveiled at Monk McQueen’s Restaurant and Patio in Vancouver, BC and Monk’s Grill at the base of Whistler Mountain beginning this week. The portable structures will be at both locations for the next two months.
Created in New Zealand, Minus5 is an ice lounge where you can touch, feel, and explore handcrafted ice sculptures and ice architecture made from 100% pure ice. Named for its constant frosty temperature of minus five degrees (twenty-seven degrees Fahrenheit), thousands have flocked to experience this unique concept in New Zealand and in its location at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, NV.
Based at Whistler, Craig Ling, founder and Vice President of Business Development of Minus5 International is excited about the opportunity to show off the new portable concept. “This is just the next step in increasing the public’s exposure to our ice lounge concept,” said Ling. “Bringing our igloos to the world at the Winter Olympics felt like a natural and we hope that people can come by to feel and enjoy the immersive experience. We are proud to have Sky Vodka and Siku Glacier Ice Vodka as our partners.”
“2010 will be an exciting year for the Minus5 brand,” said Ling. “We are opening a second location in Las Vegas as well as new locations in Waikiki next to the new Hard Rock Cafe, Hollywood and a soon to be announced location in New York City. We are also very excited about presenting a more realistic environment including animated video and lighting in some of our new locations.”
Monk McQueen’s Restaurant and Patio is located at 601 Stamps Landing in Vancouver, BC and Monk’s Grill is located at 4555 Blackcomb Way in Whistler, BC. More information on the Minus5 Ice Lounge experience can be found at www.minus5experience.com.
You might like:
- New GSU College of Law Building Encourages Interaction
- Focus On: Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)
- Question of the Week: What Happens During Mold Remediation?
- Question Of The Week: Indoor Air Quality Effects?
- Grogan & Dove Federal Building Named DBIA Design-Build Project Of The Year
- FM Compliance: Don’t Ignore These Seven Areas
- Energy Conservation, Student Performance Top Reasons for Improving U.S. Public Schools
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Question of the Week: What Are The Cleaning Benefits of Aqueous Ozone?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- New Product Flash: UltraDuty GHS Chemical Labels From Avery
- FM Alert: Is Your Facility Ready For Winter Weather?
- Did You Miss The “What You Haven’t Heard About LED Upgrades – But Should!” Webinar?
- Question of the Week: How Can I Prevent Bed Bugs In My Facility?
- FM Alert: CABA Report Highlights Role of Controls In Zero Net Energy Buildings