Minus5, who opened America’s first ice lounge, will be debuting their new concept, The Minus5 Igloo, during the Winter Olympics. The portable ice lounges will be unveiled at Monk McQueen’s Restaurant and Patio in Vancouver, BC and Monk’s Grill at the base of Whistler Mountain beginning this week. The portable structures will be at both locations for the next two months.
Created in New Zealand, Minus5 is an ice lounge where you can touch, feel, and explore handcrafted ice sculptures and ice architecture made from 100% pure ice. Named for its constant frosty temperature of minus five degrees (twenty-seven degrees Fahrenheit), thousands have flocked to experience this unique concept in New Zealand and in its location at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, NV.
Based at Whistler, Craig Ling, founder and Vice President of Business Development of Minus5 International is excited about the opportunity to show off the new portable concept. “This is just the next step in increasing the public’s exposure to our ice lounge concept,” said Ling. “Bringing our igloos to the world at the Winter Olympics felt like a natural and we hope that people can come by to feel and enjoy the immersive experience. We are proud to have Sky Vodka and Siku Glacier Ice Vodka as our partners.”
“2010 will be an exciting year for the Minus5 brand,” said Ling. “We are opening a second location in Las Vegas as well as new locations in Waikiki next to the new Hard Rock Cafe, Hollywood and a soon to be announced location in New York City. We are also very excited about presenting a more realistic environment including animated video and lighting in some of our new locations.”
Monk McQueen’s Restaurant and Patio is located at 601 Stamps Landing in Vancouver, BC and Monk’s Grill is located at 4555 Blackcomb Way in Whistler, BC. More information on the Minus5 Ice Lounge experience can be found at www.minus5experience.com.
You might like:
- Lighting Maintenance: LED Lighting Retrofits
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Friday Funny: Housekeeping Olympic Games
- Cyber Security For Buildings
- Site Security: Background Checks
- Services & Maintenance: Key Pest Control Concerns For Facilities
- Hotel Case Study: A Vision By The Sea
- FM Issue: Power Protection For IoT Connection
- Texas Water Dashboard App From USGS
- LED Innovation For Warehouse Facility
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Marriage Of Mobility And Facility Security
- New York Offers Commercial Buildings $36M To Cut Energy Costs
- Workplace Study Reveals Insight On Open Office Layouts