The International Facility Management Association (IFMA) has formed the Casino and Gaming Facilities Community, a new community of practice for those who manage facilities in the casino and gaming industry. IFMA’s communities of practice are organized special interest groups that unite members of specific industries not represented by the association’s councils.
The new community will provide a network for gaming facility professionals to connect with one another and share resources through webinars, roundtables, benchmarking studies, and other continuing education opportunities.
“Over the past decade, the gaming and entertainment industry has shed its stigma and become a mainstream business. From mega resorts in Las Vegas and Macau, to riverboats across the United States, there are millions of square feet under the management of some very qualified facility professionals,” said Richard Emmons, CFM, CFMJ, senior director of corporate facilities for Isle of Capri Casinos. “The new Casino and Gaming Facilities Community will present excellent networking opportunities and provide gaming facility professionals with resources that may not have been previously available to them.”
The new community will hold an introductory webinar entitled “Casino/Gaming Roundtable: What Keeps you up at Night?” on Wednesday, Feb. 24, at 10 a.m. EST. The webinar will focus on 24/7 casino operations, food and hospitality services, HVAC, smoking, odor control, and power loss and deregulation. Representatives from Cherokee Nation Enterprises, Edgewater Casino, Isle of Capri Casinos, PCI Gaming, Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise and others will moderate the discussion. Participation is free and open to anyone, regardless of IFMA membership.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management