The new roll-formed downspouts from MBCI are designed to offer advantages over traditional press-broken rectangular downspouts. Measuring 4″x5″, the roll-formed downspout provides nearly 43% more area than a 3½”x4″ downspout—while still working with MBCI’s existing gutter profiles. This larger area can help to reduce the number of downspouts required on a building, which generates additional savings in both material and installation labor.
The roll-formed downspouts also facilitate ease of assembly on tall facilities. This is because one end of it is swaged, which mitigates the need to notch one end of the downspout to connect it to the next downspout. This swage feature is advantageous on facilities with eave overhangs where the downspouts must return to the wall requiring the use of at least two elbows. (Click on image to view detail.)
These downspouts are available in 26-gauge in all of MBCI’s standard colors. They are manufactured in lengths of 10′-6″ and 14′-6″ with custom lengths up to 20′-6″. Separate kick-outs and elbows are available.
You might like:
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question of the Week: How Can I Protect Employees From Zika Virus?
- VARIDESK Debuts Pro Desk 60 On HBO’s “Silicon Valley”
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Lunetta Exterior Lighting By Amerlux
- Infographic: The Healthcare Speech Privacy Crisis
- SkyBEAM UAV From Tremco FAA Approved For Nighttime Operation
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Spray Kleen Multi-Surface & All-Purpose by Sunburst Chemicals
- Fire Rated Flood Door from PS DOORS
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- President Obama Proclaims May National Building Safety Month
- Energy Storage Solution From Northern Power
- Five Things To Consider When Starting A Predictive Maintenance Program