The new roll-formed downspouts from MBCI are designed to offer advantages over traditional press-broken rectangular downspouts. Measuring 4″x5″, the roll-formed downspout provides nearly 43% more area than a 3½”x4″ downspout—while still working with MBCI’s existing gutter profiles. This larger area can help to reduce the number of downspouts required on a building, which generates additional savings in both material and installation labor.
The roll-formed downspouts also facilitate ease of assembly on tall facilities. This is because one end of it is swaged, which mitigates the need to notch one end of the downspout to connect it to the next downspout. This swage feature is advantageous on facilities with eave overhangs where the downspouts must return to the wall requiring the use of at least two elbows. (Click on image to view detail.)
These downspouts are available in 26-gauge in all of MBCI’s standard colors. They are manufactured in lengths of 10′-6″ and 14′-6″ with custom lengths up to 20′-6″. Separate kick-outs and elbows are available.
You might like:
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Friday Funny: A Valentine’s Day Look At Office Romance
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Facility Executive of the Year 2016: Keeping Costs In Check
- Cyber Security In Real Estate
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention