By James C. Elledge, IFMA Fellow, CFM, FMA, RPA, RIAQM
Published in the February 2010 issue of Today’s Facility Manager
Q Can you recommend a software product that can track vehicles, forklifts, training, work orders, fuel, mileage, and all company assets?
A Depending on the size and the number of assets you need to track, you may be able to start with a template for Microsoft Excel or Access and develop your own system. Access templates are available here. A free template for Excel on asset tracking can be found here.
If you have the budget, I am sure there are multiple programs out there that can track vehicles, some that can track work orders (either as a standalone package or Web-based), and some that will track company assets. Some of the ones I found include:
- Vehicle Tracking: Fleetmate, Dossier Fleet Management Software, and ManagerPlus.
- Work Order Tracking: NETFacilities and FAMS – Facility Asset Management Software.
- Company Assets: Asset Manage, Track Pak , and Infor Enterprise Asset Management Software.
Elledge,facility/office services manager for Dallas, TX-based Summit AllianceCompanies, is the recipient of the Distinguished Author Award from theInternational Facility Management Association (IFMA), is an IFMA Fellow, and isa member of TFM’sEditorial Advisory Board. All questions have been submitted via the “Ask TheExpert” portion of the magazine’s Web site. To pose a question, visit this link.
You might like:
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Predictive Analytics For “Low-Tech” Facilities
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Leadership Support Linked To Workplace Well-Being
- Planned Investment In Energy Efficiency Hits All-time High
- Five Safety Tips For Your Facility’s Construction Project
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Employee Engagement Linked To Workplace Satisfaction
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- New School Construction Focused On Building Envelope Performance
- Healthcare Waiting Room Design
- Employees Are Leading Cause Of Data Breaches
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Smart City 2.0: Next Step In Urban Innovation