Tricks Of The Trade: Asset Tracking Recommendations
By James C. Elledge, IFMA Fellow, CFM, FMA, RPA, RIAQM
Published in the February 2010 issue of Today’s Facility Manager
Q Can you recommend a software product that can track vehicles, forklifts, training, work orders, fuel, mileage, and all company assets?
A Depending on the size and the number of assets you need to track, you may be able to start with a template for Microsoft Excel or Access and develop your own system. Access templates are available here. A free template for Excel on asset tracking can be found here.
If you have the budget, I am sure there are multiple programs out there that can track vehicles, some that can track work orders (either as a standalone package or Web-based), and some that will track company assets. Some of the ones I found include:
- Vehicle Tracking: Fleetmate, Dossier Fleet Management Software, and ManagerPlus.
- Work Order Tracking: NETFacilities and FAMS – Facility Asset Management Software.
- Company Assets: Asset Manage, Track Pak , and Infor Enterprise Asset Management Software.
Elledge,facility/office services manager for Dallas, TX-based Summit AllianceCompanies, is the recipient of the Distinguished Author Award from theInternational Facility Management Association (IFMA), is an IFMA Fellow, and isa member of TFM’sEditorial Advisory Board. All questions have been submitted via the “Ask TheExpert” portion of the magazine’s Web site. To pose a question, visit this link.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.