By James C. Elledge, IFMA Fellow, CFM, FMA, RPA, RIAQM
Published in the February 2010 issue of Today’s Facility Manager
Q Can you recommend a software product that can track vehicles, forklifts, training, work orders, fuel, mileage, and all company assets?
A Depending on the size and the number of assets you need to track, you may be able to start with a template for Microsoft Excel or Access and develop your own system. Access templates are available here. A free template for Excel on asset tracking can be found here.
If you have the budget, I am sure there are multiple programs out there that can track vehicles, some that can track work orders (either as a standalone package or Web-based), and some that will track company assets. Some of the ones I found include:
- Vehicle Tracking: Fleetmate, Dossier Fleet Management Software, and ManagerPlus.
- Work Order Tracking: NETFacilities and FAMS – Facility Asset Management Software.
- Company Assets: Asset Manage, Track Pak , and Infor Enterprise Asset Management Software.
Elledge,facility/office services manager for Dallas, TX-based Summit AllianceCompanies, is the recipient of the Distinguished Author Award from theInternational Facility Management Association (IFMA), is an IFMA Fellow, and isa member of TFM’sEditorial Advisory Board. All questions have been submitted via the “Ask TheExpert” portion of the magazine’s Web site. To pose a question, visit this link.
You might like:
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Facility Executive of the Year 2016: Keeping Costs In Check
- Friday Funny: A Valentine’s Day Look At Office Romance
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices