Kimberly-Clark Named ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has named Kimberly-Clark Corporation (NYSE: KMB) as a 2010 ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year. For the second consecutive year, K-C will be recognized for its energy management practices and commitment to sustainable operations, resulting in significant energy and financial savings. K-C will be recognized at the ENERGY STAR awards ceremony in Washington, D.C., on March 18.
Kimberly-Clark is being honored for its continued focus on achieving its energy efficiency targets for its manufacturing processes as well as its energy conservation goals for all of its facilities. As part of its environmental vision 2010 program, K-C estimates that it has improved its worldwide energy efficiency by 4.4% since 2005. The company’s energy efficiency initiative continues to generate ongoing cost savings while further driving K-C’s long-term sustainability strategy.
“Kimberly-Clark is leading the fight against climate change through greater energy efficiency,” said Gina McCarthy, EPA Assistant Administrator for Air and Radiation. “Kimberly-Clark’s robust energy management program is a model for others and affirms that energy efficiency is our most cost-effective climate strategy.”
In choosing Kimberly-Clark as an ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year, EPA specifically recognized the company’s approach to energy management, which is an integral part of K-C’s long-term strategy. In addition to its thorough tracking process of energy usage at its facilities, the company influences its supply chain to address imbedded energy costs in their operations. KC continues to invest in energy improvement projects including combined heat and power systems, landfill gas and biomass to power manufacturing sites and offices. The company also continued to launch energy and other sustainability awareness campaigns to further engage its employees worldwide.
“Earning the EPA ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year for the second consecutive year is a testament to our ongoing commitment to sustainable energy management practices throughout every aspect of our business,” said Suhas Apte, Vice President of Global Sustainability at Kimberly-Clark. “Our partnership with ENERGY STAR allows us to collaborate on important issues and improve our environmental stewardship through energy efficiency, which is a critical component of K-C’s sustainability strategy and long-term growth plans.”
Kimberly-Clark has been a member of the ENERGY STAR program since 2007 and was originally recognized as an ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year in 2009. In addition, K-C is also involved in EPA’s Climate Leaders, Green Power Partnership, Landfill Methane Outreach Program and SmartWay programs.
The ENERGY STAR award follows K-C’s recent number one ranking on EPA’s list of On-site Green Power Users as well as its top 20 ranking on the organization’s National Green Power Purchasers list. In addition, K-C received its third consecutive Environmental Excellence award from EPA’s SmartWay Transportation Partnership for leadership in reducing greenhouse gases and conserving energy.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.