New BOMI International Course Approved for LEED Hours
Jeffrey A. Horn, BOMI International’s president and CEO, has announced that BOMI International’s class entitled Electrical Systems and Illumination has been approved by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC). The course is the seventh BOMI International class approved recently by the USGBC.
The previous courses approved are:
- Air Handling, Water Treatment, and Plumbing Systems (approved 2/24/2010)
- Energy Management and Controls (approved 8/4/2009)
- Environmental Health and Safety Issues (approved 11/20/2009)
- Refrigeration Systems and Accessories (approved 12/22/2009)
- The Design, Operation, and Maintenance of Building Systems, Part I (approved 9/1/2009)
- The Design, Operation, and Maintenance of Building Systems, Part II (approved 10/5/2009)
The Electrical Systems and Illumination course underwent a rigorous review process in which a team of three, third-party subject matter experts evaluated the course based on its content and instructional design quality. Because of USGBC’s status as an approved Education Reviewing Body (ERB) for the Green Building Certification Institute (GBCI), all approved courses—including BOMI International’s Electrical Systems and Illumination class—will be assigned GBCI Continuing Education (CE) hours, which will help LEED® professionals satisfy their credentialing maintenance requirements.
In the class, the student will learn to operate and maintain a building’s electrical equipment safely by gaining a thorough understanding of the components of electrical systems. Participants will also learn how to measure the electricity a building consumes. This course provides an of electricity basics, the skills needed to measure electrical consumption, and the ability to recognize, set up, and maintain reliable and effective maintenance and safety systems.
There are several ways to take the Electrical Systems and Illumination class: through self-study, by accelerated review, in a classroom, and through an instructor-led online class. USGBC has approved all delivery methods.
LEED Accredited Professionals (LEED-AP) and LEED Green Associates (LEED-GA) are required to earn 30 or 15 hours respectively, every two years. BOMI International courses each count as 18 hours toward that requirement. As an approved USGBC Education Provider, BOMI International is a third-party organization that offers peer-reviewed classes accepted by USGBC for credentialing maintenance requirements.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ