Jeffrey A. Horn, BOMI International’s president and CEO, has announced that BOMI International’s class entitled Electrical Systems and Illumination has been approved by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC). The course is the seventh BOMI International class approved recently by the USGBC.
The previous courses approved are:
- Air Handling, Water Treatment, and Plumbing Systems (approved 2/24/2010)
- Energy Management and Controls (approved 8/4/2009)
- Environmental Health and Safety Issues (approved 11/20/2009)
- Refrigeration Systems and Accessories (approved 12/22/2009)
- The Design, Operation, and Maintenance of Building Systems, Part I (approved 9/1/2009)
- The Design, Operation, and Maintenance of Building Systems, Part II (approved 10/5/2009)
The Electrical Systems and Illumination course underwent a rigorous review process in which a team of three, third-party subject matter experts evaluated the course based on its content and instructional design quality. Because of USGBC’s status as an approved Education Reviewing Body (ERB) for the Green Building Certification Institute (GBCI), all approved courses—including BOMI International’s Electrical Systems and Illumination class—will be assigned GBCI Continuing Education (CE) hours, which will help LEED® professionals satisfy their credentialing maintenance requirements.
In the class, the student will learn to operate and maintain a building’s electrical equipment safely by gaining a thorough understanding of the components of electrical systems. Participants will also learn how to measure the electricity a building consumes. This course provides an of electricity basics, the skills needed to measure electrical consumption, and the ability to recognize, set up, and maintain reliable and effective maintenance and safety systems.
There are several ways to take the Electrical Systems and Illumination class: through self-study, by accelerated review, in a classroom, and through an instructor-led online class. USGBC has approved all delivery methods.
LEED Accredited Professionals (LEED-AP) and LEED Green Associates (LEED-GA) are required to earn 30 or 15 hours respectively, every two years. BOMI International courses each count as 18 hours toward that requirement. As an approved USGBC Education Provider, BOMI International is a third-party organization that offers peer-reviewed classes accepted by USGBC for credentialing maintenance requirements.
You might like:
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention