Jeffrey A. Horn, BOMI International’s president and CEO, has announced that BOMI International’s class entitled Electrical Systems and Illumination has been approved by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC). The course is the seventh BOMI International class approved recently by the USGBC.
The previous courses approved are:
- Air Handling, Water Treatment, and Plumbing Systems (approved 2/24/2010)
- Energy Management and Controls (approved 8/4/2009)
- Environmental Health and Safety Issues (approved 11/20/2009)
- Refrigeration Systems and Accessories (approved 12/22/2009)
- The Design, Operation, and Maintenance of Building Systems, Part I (approved 9/1/2009)
- The Design, Operation, and Maintenance of Building Systems, Part II (approved 10/5/2009)
The Electrical Systems and Illumination course underwent a rigorous review process in which a team of three, third-party subject matter experts evaluated the course based on its content and instructional design quality. Because of USGBC’s status as an approved Education Reviewing Body (ERB) for the Green Building Certification Institute (GBCI), all approved courses—including BOMI International’s Electrical Systems and Illumination class—will be assigned GBCI Continuing Education (CE) hours, which will help LEED® professionals satisfy their credentialing maintenance requirements.
In the class, the student will learn to operate and maintain a building’s electrical equipment safely by gaining a thorough understanding of the components of electrical systems. Participants will also learn how to measure the electricity a building consumes. This course provides an of electricity basics, the skills needed to measure electrical consumption, and the ability to recognize, set up, and maintain reliable and effective maintenance and safety systems.
There are several ways to take the Electrical Systems and Illumination class: through self-study, by accelerated review, in a classroom, and through an instructor-led online class. USGBC has approved all delivery methods.
LEED Accredited Professionals (LEED-AP) and LEED Green Associates (LEED-GA) are required to earn 30 or 15 hours respectively, every two years. BOMI International courses each count as 18 hours toward that requirement. As an approved USGBC Education Provider, BOMI International is a third-party organization that offers peer-reviewed classes accepted by USGBC for credentialing maintenance requirements.
You might like:
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Predictive Analytics For “Low-Tech” Facilities
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Leadership Support Linked To Workplace Well-Being
- Planned Investment In Energy Efficiency Hits All-time High
- Five Safety Tips For Your Facility’s Construction Project
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Employee Engagement Linked To Workplace Satisfaction
- New School Construction Focused On Building Envelope Performance
- Healthcare Waiting Room Design
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Employees Are Leading Cause Of Data Breaches
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Smart City 2.0: Next Step In Urban Innovation