Arbor Day: The Last Friday In April
In honor of Arbor Day, Bankers Box has announced an exclusive partnership with Office Depot to support a program that promotes sustainable storage solutions while protecting the environment. Specifically, Bankers Box will participate in the Arbor Day Foundation’s national tree-planting initiative by donating $10,000 to fund the planting of 10,000 trees.
From March 28 to May 1, 2010, Banker’s Box will donate $1 for every carton of select products sold online, in one of Office Depot’s 1,100-plus North American stores, or through the company’s business-to-business division. Then for every $1 donation, the Arbor Day Foundation will plant a tree in one of the nation’s forests – up to 10,000 trees.
Participating products include storage boxes of various strengths and corrugated drawer systems that feature 100% recycled content. Some products will also carry a 25% discount to help consumers save money and encourage them to purchase environmentally friendly products.
“In today’s marketplace, many consumers look for products that offer a strong commitment to the environment,” said Hunter Rich, vice president and general manager of the Bankers Box Division. “Bankers Box Earth Series products are produced from 100% post-consumer waste. Our partnership with the Arbor Day Foundation provides additional benefits to the environment by planting a tree for each qualifying carton of Bankers Box products sold.”
“Office Depot has an environmental vision to buy green, be green, and sell green,” said Yalmaz Siddiqui, director of environmental strategy for Office Depot. “As part of this commitment, we are proud to partner with Bankers Box and the Arbor Day Foundation to motivate our customers to buy green and be green as well.”
You might like:
- New GSU College of Law Building Encourages Interaction
- Focus On: Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)
- Question Of The Week: Indoor Air Quality Effects?
- Energy Conservation, Student Performance Top Reasons for Improving U.S. Public Schools
- Question of the Week: What Happens During Mold Remediation?
- Question Of The Week: Annual Testing And Maintenance Of Backflow Preventer
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Question of the Week: How Can I Prevent Bed Bugs In My Facility?
- FM Compliance: Don’t Ignore These Seven Areas
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- New Product Flash: UltraDuty GHS Chemical Labels From Avery
- Grogan & Dove Federal Building Named DBIA Design-Build Project Of The Year
- FM Alert: CABA Report Highlights Role of Controls In Zero Net Energy Buildings
- Question of the Week: What Are The Cleaning Benefits of Aqueous Ozone?
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management