In honor of Arbor Day, Bankers Box has announced an exclusive partnership with Office Depot to support a program that promotes sustainable storage solutions while protecting the environment. Specifically, Bankers Box will participate in the Arbor Day Foundation’s national tree-planting initiative by donating $10,000 to fund the planting of 10,000 trees.
From March 28 to May 1, 2010, Banker’s Box will donate $1 for every carton of select products sold online, in one of Office Depot’s 1,100-plus North American stores, or through the company’s business-to-business division. Then for every $1 donation, the Arbor Day Foundation will plant a tree in one of the nation’s forests – up to 10,000 trees.
Participating products include storage boxes of various strengths and corrugated drawer systems that feature 100% recycled content. Some products will also carry a 25% discount to help consumers save money and encourage them to purchase environmentally friendly products.
“In today’s marketplace, many consumers look for products that offer a strong commitment to the environment,” said Hunter Rich, vice president and general manager of the Bankers Box Division. “Bankers Box Earth Series products are produced from 100% post-consumer waste. Our partnership with the Arbor Day Foundation provides additional benefits to the environment by planting a tree for each qualifying carton of Bankers Box products sold.”
“Office Depot has an environmental vision to buy green, be green, and sell green,” said Yalmaz Siddiqui, director of environmental strategy for Office Depot. “As part of this commitment, we are proud to partner with Bankers Box and the Arbor Day Foundation to motivate our customers to buy green and be green as well.”
You might like:
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Friday Funny: A Valentine’s Day Look At Office Romance
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Facility Executive of the Year 2016: Keeping Costs In Check
- Cyber Security In Real Estate
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention