Yesterday (4/22) was the 40th anniversary of Earth Day, which just so happened to overshadow the fact (at least in many organizations) that it was also Take Your Child to Work Day. Most employees are amused by the novelty of the pitter patter of little feet around the workplace (although it some places, it does mean colorful language needs to be curbed), but there are some cases where a visit from the kids should last no more than a few minutes at the most.
Check out this list from GeekDad (courtesy of Wired.com):
10. Work-From-Home Parent (talk about distractions…)
9. “Adult” industries (duh #1)
8. Coal miner (a little too soon for this, I agree; at least the original list didn’t include oil rig worker, although it should)
7. Taxi driver (“you talking to me?”)
6. Underwater demolition expert (as long as the child has seen “Finding Nemo,” this is a really bad idea)
5. Professional blogger (it’s ugly–trust me)
4. Disney World Mascot (talk about destroying the magic)
3. Apple factory worker (especially if the child has a tendency to take prototypes and leave them in places where they can be found by Gawker bloggers)
2. Victoria’s Secret bra fitter (duh #2)
1. Air traffic controller (the consequences of this stunt have already been well documented)
You might like:
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention