Entrants have the chance to share their everyday environmental practices. Submissions are judged on originality and innovation, and the best entries will be compiled for Zeftron nylon’s Best Practices and Green Tips, which is designed to be a resource for other professionals and will be made public at the end of the year.
How to Enter: Entry forms are available on the Zeftron Website. These may be submitted online. Entries will be accepted from April 22, 2010 to July 30, 2010. There is no cost to enter.
Eligibility: The Zeftron nylon Sustainable Practices Award is open to all facility, architecture, and interior design professionals in the continental United States.
Recognition: The winner of the Zeftron nylon Sustainable Practices Award will be announced in September 2010. They will receive recognition for their accomplishments and a grand prize donation in their name to an environmentally focused charity. The winner will also be highlighted in news announcements and featured prominently on the Zeftron nylon Sustainable Practices Award website.
“Zeftron nylon is proud to recognize the members of our industry who are providing leadership with their environmental practices,” said Tim Blount, Zeftron nylon’s business leader. “With Zeftron’s rich history of producing high performance, environmentally responsible yarn systems, we understand the importance of committing to sustainable practices through work and home. As industry professionals continue to employ solutions for the improvement of our environment, we commend them for their contributions with our annual Sustainable Practices Award.”
The 2009 winner was Paul Westbrook, LEED AP, director of sustainable development at Texas Instruments in Dallas, TX (seen here). To read about what made him a winner, see this November 2009 story from FacilityBlog.
You might like:
- Lighting Maintenance: LED Lighting Retrofits
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Friday Funny: Housekeeping Olympic Games
- Cyber Security For Buildings
- Services & Maintenance: Key Pest Control Concerns For Facilities
- Texas Water Dashboard App From USGS
- Site Security: Background Checks
- FM Issue: Power Protection For IoT Connection
- Hotel Case Study: A Vision By The Sea
- LED Innovation For Warehouse Facility
- Marriage Of Mobility And Facility Security
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- 4 Keys To Improve Energy Efficiency Projects
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- New York Offers Commercial Buildings $36M To Cut Energy Costs