Kimberly-Clark On "Green Patrol"
To support environmental projects across the United States, Kimberly-Clark Professional has launched the Green Patrol, a program that brings its employees and other volunteers to communities throughout the country to help plant trees, aid in cleanup, and participate in recycling projects and other environmental efforts.
The effort was launched on Saturday, April 17, 2010 at Earth Day events in Atlanta, GA and Philadelphia, PA.
In Atlanta, more than 60 Kimberly-Clark employees, along with groups from the Boys and Girls Club and a local high school volunteered to clean up the Proctor Creek, one of the most environmentally impaired creeks in metro Atlanta. The effort was undertaken as part of EarthShare of Georgia’s Corporate Green Day Challenge.
In Philadelphia, more than 25 people from the Kimberly-Clark mill in Chester, PA, participated in the Clean Air Council 5K Run, while a Green Patrol team assisted with the recycling, composting and cleanup of trash from the event.
“The Green Patrol is a hands on effort to make a positive impact on the environment, city by city and state by state,” said Kevin McVeigh, associate marketing director for sustainability for Kimberly-Clark Professional North America. “Throughout this year, which marks the 40th anniversary of Earth Day, we are going to be putting feet on the street at events that support clean air, reforestation, recycling, composting, as well as other activities that benefit the environment.”
In 2009, Kimberly-Clark Professional launched Reduce Today, Respect Tomorrow, a program that represents its philosophy of reducing the use of natural resources throughout the life cycle of its products.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.