To support environmental projects across the United States, Kimberly-Clark Professional has launched the Green Patrol, a program that brings its employees and other volunteers to communities throughout the country to help plant trees, aid in cleanup, and participate in recycling projects and other environmental efforts.
The effort was launched on Saturday, April 17, 2010 at Earth Day events in Atlanta, GA and Philadelphia, PA.
In Atlanta, more than 60 Kimberly-Clark employees, along with groups from the Boys and Girls Club and a local high school volunteered to clean up the Proctor Creek, one of the most environmentally impaired creeks in metro Atlanta. The effort was undertaken as part of EarthShare of Georgia’s Corporate Green Day Challenge.
In Philadelphia, more than 25 people from the Kimberly-Clark mill in Chester, PA, participated in the Clean Air Council 5K Run, while a Green Patrol team assisted with the recycling, composting and cleanup of trash from the event.
“The Green Patrol is a hands on effort to make a positive impact on the environment, city by city and state by state,” said Kevin McVeigh, associate marketing director for sustainability for Kimberly-Clark Professional North America. “Throughout this year, which marks the 40th anniversary of Earth Day, we are going to be putting feet on the street at events that support clean air, reforestation, recycling, composting, as well as other activities that benefit the environment.”
In 2009, Kimberly-Clark Professional launched Reduce Today, Respect Tomorrow, a program that represents its philosophy of reducing the use of natural resources throughout the life cycle of its products.
You might like:
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention