To support environmental projects across the United States, Kimberly-Clark Professional has launched the Green Patrol, a program that brings its employees and other volunteers to communities throughout the country to help plant trees, aid in cleanup, and participate in recycling projects and other environmental efforts.
The effort was launched on Saturday, April 17, 2010 at Earth Day events in Atlanta, GA and Philadelphia, PA.
In Atlanta, more than 60 Kimberly-Clark employees, along with groups from the Boys and Girls Club and a local high school volunteered to clean up the Proctor Creek, one of the most environmentally impaired creeks in metro Atlanta. The effort was undertaken as part of EarthShare of Georgia’s Corporate Green Day Challenge.
In Philadelphia, more than 25 people from the Kimberly-Clark mill in Chester, PA, participated in the Clean Air Council 5K Run, while a Green Patrol team assisted with the recycling, composting and cleanup of trash from the event.
“The Green Patrol is a hands on effort to make a positive impact on the environment, city by city and state by state,” said Kevin McVeigh, associate marketing director for sustainability for Kimberly-Clark Professional North America. “Throughout this year, which marks the 40th anniversary of Earth Day, we are going to be putting feet on the street at events that support clean air, reforestation, recycling, composting, as well as other activities that benefit the environment.”
In 2009, Kimberly-Clark Professional launched Reduce Today, Respect Tomorrow, a program that represents its philosophy of reducing the use of natural resources throughout the life cycle of its products.
You might like:
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management
- Trends: Lighting Takes Center Stage
- Friday Funny: The Verdict’s In On Pets At Work
- Education Case Study: Wellness In Action
- DCIM For Facility Management
- Question Of The Week: Design Leads To Tricky Facility Repair?
- Physical Security Planning
- JLL Creates Workplace Of The Future At Revamped HQ
- The HVAC Factor: New Life For An Aging Chiller Plant
- Why Governance Is Critical To Successful Outsourcing
- Friday Funny: Take Me (And Your Wallet) Out To The Ballgame
- Friday Funny: Building Face Draws Curb Appeal?
- Clean Energy Finance Tool Awarded At Bloomberg Event
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms