To support environmental projects across the United States, Kimberly-Clark Professional has launched the Green Patrol, a program that brings its employees and other volunteers to communities throughout the country to help plant trees, aid in cleanup, and participate in recycling projects and other environmental efforts.
The effort was launched on Saturday, April 17, 2010 at Earth Day events in Atlanta, GA and Philadelphia, PA.
In Atlanta, more than 60 Kimberly-Clark employees, along with groups from the Boys and Girls Club and a local high school volunteered to clean up the Proctor Creek, one of the most environmentally impaired creeks in metro Atlanta. The effort was undertaken as part of EarthShare of Georgia’s Corporate Green Day Challenge.
In Philadelphia, more than 25 people from the Kimberly-Clark mill in Chester, PA, participated in the Clean Air Council 5K Run, while a Green Patrol team assisted with the recycling, composting and cleanup of trash from the event.
“The Green Patrol is a hands on effort to make a positive impact on the environment, city by city and state by state,” said Kevin McVeigh, associate marketing director for sustainability for Kimberly-Clark Professional North America. “Throughout this year, which marks the 40th anniversary of Earth Day, we are going to be putting feet on the street at events that support clean air, reforestation, recycling, composting, as well as other activities that benefit the environment.”
In 2009, Kimberly-Clark Professional launched Reduce Today, Respect Tomorrow, a program that represents its philosophy of reducing the use of natural resources throughout the life cycle of its products.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades