CPFilms Inc., a producer of professional window films and wholly owned subsidiary of Solutia Inc., has introduced a new film product—the EnerLogic™ Series. This is the latest addition to the company’s Vista™ line of architectural window films.
Featuring a patent pending, low-e coating, CPFilms states that its EnerLogic window film adds up to 92%(1) more insulating power to existing windows—improving energy efficiency throughout the year. In summer, heat from the sun is reflected away from windows, easing the stress on a facility’s air conditioning system. In winter, radiant heat from heating systems is directed back into the facility’s interior.
“A building is only as energy efficient as its windows,” says Dave Kaliser, CPFilms, director of product marketing – architectural. “Traditional window films reflect heat out, providing substantial savings in summer, but adding relatively little value in winter. EnerLogic film helps keep the heat outside in summer and inside in winter, creating a perfect balance of energy efficiency, cost savings, and comfort.”
Energy Efficiency: The patent pending technology of EnerLogic window film effectively transforms the insulating power of single-pane windows into double-pane; and double-pane windows into triple-pane. The result is a significant increase in window efficiency.
Payback: Windows typically account for 15% to 30% of a commercial building’s heating costs, and often more than 30% of cooling costs. EnerLogic window film is a low cost, high return technology that compares favorably to other energy saving measures both in terms of energy efficiency and cost savings. EnerLogic’s simple payback averages 2.75 years(2).
LEED Points and Tax Credit Eligibility: EnerLogic is eligible for up to nine LEED points and may help a facility qualify for energy efficiency tax credits and utility company rebates.
“At CPFilms we understand that the greenest energy is the energy that isn’t used,” said Ray Kollar, CPFilms president and general manager. “This innovative new window film series offers excellent value by improving energy efficiency in every season, helping to reduce consumption and preserve natural resources. We are proud to be the first film company to introduce this revolutionary technology.”
(1) Based on the percentage improvement in average annual insulating properties of 3mm glass with film compared to the same glass without film.
(2) EnerLogic VEP35 film installed in commercial buildings with a variety of window types and in different climates throughout North America.
Certain restrictions apply, see an authorized dealer for complete warranty details.
You might like:
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Predictive Analytics For “Low-Tech” Facilities
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Leadership Support Linked To Workplace Well-Being
- Five Safety Tips For Your Facility’s Construction Project
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Planned Investment In Energy Efficiency Hits All-time High
- Employee Engagement Linked To Workplace Satisfaction
- Healthcare Waiting Room Design
- New School Construction Focused On Building Envelope Performance
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Employees Are Leading Cause Of Data Breaches
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Smart City 2.0: Next Step In Urban Innovation