Automation and increased usability are the key improvements to BuildingAdvice’s energy services platform, which now automates generation of Energy Star Benchmarking reports, which evaluate the current and potential energy efficiency of existing commercial buildings. Through BuildingAdvice’s energy services platform, these reports can now be generated more quickly than in the past.
Under development for the past nine months, the current upgrades to BuildingAdvice offer powerful data integration and automation in creating building energy reports, which include:
- Energy Benchmark: Determines a building’s Energy Star rating and current utility cost/sq.ft. relative to comparable properties and evaluates the savings potential.
- Energy Savings Assessment: Identifies low cost or no cost opportunities to save energy by adjusting current systems and processes. Combined with Energy Benchmark, it provides a more comprehensive picture of a building’s energy use.
- Energy Savings Audit: Evaluates return on investment of energy saving building improvements by calculating projected utility savings on an annual basis. Breaks out savings per capital improvement, or cumulative savings as a result of multiple improvements.
Additionally, several new features enhance the BuildingAdvice upgrade. The Building Data Management System (BDMS) offers a building-centric data architecture, storing utility bill and other building information for use in any of the energy report types, eliminating duplicate data entry and streamlining report generation. Integration with Energy Star’s Portfolio Manager means that contractors, facility managers, and energy engineers who use the BuildingAdvice Energy Benchmark application have complete building information stored in Energy Star’s Portfolio Manager. This enables them to be better equipped to service and oversee the building’s operational bottom line. Another BuildingAdvice feature—MultiLogOn—enables users to collaborate on energy efficiency projects with other team members, or to work on multiple projects at any given time.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades