NEW SERVICE SPOTLIGHT: Maintenance Efficiency Audits
As part of its service offerings for plant and facility management professionals, Martin Technical conducts Maintenance Efficiency Audits. Through this service the Englewood, CO-based firm strives to address issues that maintenance operations may be struggling with. These issues can include a high emergency (unplanned) to planned work order ratio, huge backlogs, lack of sufficient resources, constant work interruptions, lack of spare parts when needed, and recurring failures.
Martin Technical’s Maintenance Efficiency Audit identifies and tests the critical components of an organization’s maintenance program, creates a gap analysis, suggests practical corrective actions, and provides a compass for future planning. Audits typically take two to three days for on-site evaluation, followed by three to four days of analysis and report development.
Facility managers then receive a detailed inspection report that includes information on:
- Maintenance work process flow
- Preventive maintenance optimization
- Planning and scheduling
- Inventory management
- CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System)
Benefits of a Maintenance Audit include:
- Reduced overall (maintenance) cost
- Reduced downtime
- Reduced maintenance emergencies
- Improved equipment condition and reliability
- Improved planning and scheduling
- Improved inventory and purchasing processes
- Energized maintenance staff
Martin Technical states that performing a Maintenance Efficiency Audit typically has a very high rate of return, with typical savings at 20% to 30% of the facility’s annual maintenance expenditure.
You might like:
- New GSU College of Law Building Encourages Interaction
- Focus On: Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)
- Question Of The Week: Indoor Air Quality Effects?
- Energy Conservation, Student Performance Top Reasons for Improving U.S. Public Schools
- Question of the Week: What Happens During Mold Remediation?
- Question Of The Week: Annual Testing And Maintenance Of Backflow Preventer
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Question of the Week: How Can I Prevent Bed Bugs In My Facility?
- FM Compliance: Don’t Ignore These Seven Areas
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- New Product Flash: UltraDuty GHS Chemical Labels From Avery
- Grogan & Dove Federal Building Named DBIA Design-Build Project Of The Year
- FM Alert: CABA Report Highlights Role of Controls In Zero Net Energy Buildings
- Question of the Week: What Are The Cleaning Benefits of Aqueous Ozone?
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management