A panel of U.S. federal government and military authorities will discuss energy issues impacting government buildings during the International Facility Management Association’s (IFMA) Facility Fusion conference, held April 13-15, 2010, in Philadelphia, PA, at the Philadelphia Marriott Downtown. The Energy Forum, set for 8 a.m. on Tuesday, April 13, will feature representatives from the National Academies of Sciences’ Federal Facilities Council, General Services Administration, Naval Facilities Engineering Command, Architect of the Capitol, and Air Force.
Energy Forum panelists will discuss what their agencies are doing regarding sustainability and energy use, as well as the impact new legislation will have on sustainability in the built environment. The forum will be moderated by Lynda L. Stanley, director of the Federal Facilities Council. The FFC is a cooperative association of more than 20 federal agencies whose mission is to identify and advance technologies, practices and policies for the improvement of federal buildings.
“Congress and the administration have set ambitious goals for federal government agencies to make federal buildings more energy efficient and carbon neutral,” said Stanley. “At this interactive session, senior federal executives responsible for hundreds of thousands of buildings will discuss various federal initiatives and innovative approaches for reducing energy use and greenhouse gas emissions. Facility Fusion attendees can expect to walk away with an understanding of the scope of national initiatives and new ideas for making their own facilities more sustainable.”
Federal government and military experts on the Energy Forum panel will include:
- Kevin Kampschroer, director of the GSA’s Office of Federal High-Performance Green Buildings;
- Cmdr. Brad Hancock, P.E., CEC, USN, operations manager for the Energy Program Management Office of the Naval Facilities Engineering Command;
- Charles H. Iliff Jr., P.E., LEED AP, deputy director of design services for the Architect of the Capitol; and
- Gary L. Hein, engineering and energy management contract team manager, Northrop Grumman Technical Services.
You might like:
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question of the Week: How Can I Protect Employees From Zika Virus?
- VARIDESK Debuts Pro Desk 60 On HBO’s “Silicon Valley”
- Lunetta Exterior Lighting By Amerlux
- Spray Kleen Multi-Surface & All-Purpose by Sunburst Chemicals
- SkyBEAM UAV From Tremco FAA Approved For Nighttime Operation
- Infographic: The Healthcare Speech Privacy Crisis
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Energy Storage Solution From Northern Power
- Question Of The Week: Water Conservation Tips
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Five Things To Consider When Starting A Predictive Maintenance Program
- Stainless Steel Mounting Posts by Camden Door Controls