In response to Executive Order 13514, issued by President Obama on Oct. 5, 2009, the Alliance for Sustainable Built Environments and IFMA will conduct a half-day event on Tuesday, April 6, 2010, illustrating how federal facility managers throughout the United States are going to achieve the sustainability goals set in the order. Kevin Kampschroer from the U.S. General Services Administration, Richard Kidd from the U.S. Department of Energy and additional high-level representatives from other organizations will be on hand to discuss the impact of the order on building operations and maintenance as well as the achievement of sustainability goals mandated by the order. IFMA Chair Thomas L. Mitchell Jr., CFM, CFMJ, will act as moderator of this event.
Member representatives from the Alliance will also be present to showcase the solutions that not only help federal agencies comply with the executive order, but help all facility managers reduce the environmental footprint of their buildings and turn their facilities into high-performance green buildings. The presentation will also show how green buildings deliver huge operations and maintenance savings, illustrating how facility managers can make significant contributions to an organization’s overall profitability.
At the heart of the matter will be the relative performance of the products and services put in place; metrics for reporting water and energy consumption and waste and greenhouse gas emissions reductions; green purchasing programs; and, the government’s impact on communities through sustainable practices.
The summit will take place at the International Monetary Fund headquarters from 11 a.m. until 4 p.m. on Tuesday, April 6, 2010.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management