ASBE and IFMA Conduct Executive Order Summit
In response to Executive Order 13514, issued by President Obama on Oct. 5, 2009, the Alliance for Sustainable Built Environments and IFMA will conduct a half-day event on Tuesday, April 6, 2010, illustrating how federal facility managers throughout the United States are going to achieve the sustainability goals set in the order. Kevin Kampschroer from the U.S. General Services Administration, Richard Kidd from the U.S. Department of Energy and additional high-level representatives from other organizations will be on hand to discuss the impact of the order on building operations and maintenance as well as the achievement of sustainability goals mandated by the order. IFMA Chair Thomas L. Mitchell Jr., CFM, CFMJ, will act as moderator of this event.
Member representatives from the Alliance will also be present to showcase the solutions that not only help federal agencies comply with the executive order, but help all facility managers reduce the environmental footprint of their buildings and turn their facilities into high-performance green buildings. The presentation will also show how green buildings deliver huge operations and maintenance savings, illustrating how facility managers can make significant contributions to an organization’s overall profitability.
At the heart of the matter will be the relative performance of the products and services put in place; metrics for reporting water and energy consumption and waste and greenhouse gas emissions reductions; green purchasing programs; and, the government’s impact on communities through sustainable practices.
The summit will take place at the International Monetary Fund headquarters from 11 a.m. until 4 p.m. on Tuesday, April 6, 2010.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ