BetterBricks 2010 Puget Sound Awards
The BetterBricks Awards recognize architects, engineers, developers, building owners, building operators, facility managers, and other building professionals for their support of high performance commercial buildings in the Northwest with a special emphasis on energy efficiency. BetterBricks is the commercial building initiative of the Northwest Energy Efficiency Alliance (NEEA), which is supported by Northwest electric utilities. Through the BetterBricks initiative, NEEA advocates for changes to energy related business practices in Northwest buildings.
In the Facility Manager/Building Operations Category, the winner was the Seattle, WA-based Unico Properties energy management team, Clarence Clipper, Brett Phillips and Mike Bedsworth.
Finalists in this category were: Mike Anderson, buildings and grounds manager, Bellingham School District; and Earl Wayman, senior property manager, GVA Kidder Matthews.
To achieve high performance buildings, award winners have used and promoted best practices such as maximizing local climate in the design, employing early design decision making and energy modeling, supporting building commissioning, and implementing better building operations. Their projects have achieved substantial energy savings, reduced building operation and maintenance costs, and enhanced productivity of building occupants.
The other winners and finalists of the 2010 Puget Sound BetterBricks Awards are:
- Winner: Margaret Montgomery, NBBJ
- Finalist: Chris Flint Chatto, ZGF Architects
- Winner: Tom Marseille, Stantec Consulting Services, Inc.
- Finalist: Peter Alspach, Arup
- Winner: NetRiver Phase II Expansion Team – Paul Harris & Adam Vierra, NetRiver; Dave Mackenzie, Design Real Estate; Neil Bavins & Al Thompson, Puget Sound Refrigeration; Randy Valerio, D. Hittle & Associates; Todd Brunner, Brunner Construction
- Winner: Kevin Brown, Swedish Medical Center
- Winner: A-P Hurd, Touchstone Corporation
- Winner: Danny Miller, Performance Mechanical
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?