The Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) International has announced that its area measurement standard, Industrial Buildings: Standard Methods of Measurement (ANSI/BOMA Z.65.2–2009) has been accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI). The standard, developed by BOMA International and the Society of Industrial and Office Realtors® provides guidance on how to measure the floor area of industrial buildings. Depending on a building’s configuration, users can choose one of the two dominant market practices observed in North America—the exterior wall methodology or the drip line methodology.
“We are proud to have our industrial floor measurement standard recognized by ANSI. The standard is a critical source of clear, concise information on how to measure industrial buildings,” remarked BOMA International Chair James A. Peck, RPA, FMA, senior director of asset services, CB Richard Ellis. “For nearly a century, BOMA has been the leader in building measurement. In the coming months we will be releasing a comprehensive suite of standards that reflect the needs of today’s property professionals.”
BOMA has also begun the process of putting its entire suite of building measurement standards through the ANSI consensus process, including the recently published Office Buildings: Standard Methods of Measurement (2010) and Gross Areas of a Building: Standard Methods of Measurement (2009). BOMA is also developing two new measurement standards set to debut in 2010, one for multi-unit residential buildings and one for retail buildings.
You might like:
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question of the Week: How Can I Protect Employees From Zika Virus?
- VARIDESK Debuts Pro Desk 60 On HBO’s “Silicon Valley”
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Lunetta Exterior Lighting By Amerlux
- Infographic: The Healthcare Speech Privacy Crisis
- SkyBEAM UAV From Tremco FAA Approved For Nighttime Operation
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Spray Kleen Multi-Surface & All-Purpose by Sunburst Chemicals
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Fire Rated Flood Door from PS DOORS
- President Obama Proclaims May National Building Safety Month
- Energy Storage Solution From Northern Power
- Five Things To Consider When Starting A Predictive Maintenance Program