The Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) International has announced that its area measurement standard, Industrial Buildings: Standard Methods of Measurement (ANSI/BOMA Z.65.2–2009) has been accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI). The standard, developed by BOMA International and the Society of Industrial and Office Realtors® provides guidance on how to measure the floor area of industrial buildings. Depending on a building’s configuration, users can choose one of the two dominant market practices observed in North America—the exterior wall methodology or the drip line methodology.
“We are proud to have our industrial floor measurement standard recognized by ANSI. The standard is a critical source of clear, concise information on how to measure industrial buildings,” remarked BOMA International Chair James A. Peck, RPA, FMA, senior director of asset services, CB Richard Ellis. “For nearly a century, BOMA has been the leader in building measurement. In the coming months we will be releasing a comprehensive suite of standards that reflect the needs of today’s property professionals.”
BOMA has also begun the process of putting its entire suite of building measurement standards through the ANSI consensus process, including the recently published Office Buildings: Standard Methods of Measurement (2010) and Gross Areas of a Building: Standard Methods of Measurement (2009). BOMA is also developing two new measurement standards set to debut in 2010, one for multi-unit residential buildings and one for retail buildings.
You might like:
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention