Global Facility Management Association (Global FM) member organizations will once again hold public events on five different continents to bring attention to the important role facility management plays in building organizational performance. Activities will include governmental partnerships, networking events, award presentations, luncheons, video presentations, social media campaigns, and more, all with the goal of raising the profile of the facility management profession worldwide.
Members of Global FM once again invite all countries to join the celebration of the facilities management profession. The goal is to raise the facilities management professional profile around the globe — promoting facilities management’s ideals, not only within the profession and industry, but also among the governments and the general business community.
Global FM Chairman Steve Gladwin adds, “World FM Day is another example of how Global FM is collaborating across boundaries. We are optimistic that individual facilities managers, teams, and companies will once again use this day as a way of promoting the strategic value that facilities management brings to many organizations.”
This year debuts the Global FM Awards for Excellence in Facilities Management. The awards recognize efforts by individuals or teams within the facilities management industry—from researchers through to facility operators—who have made a positive contribution to the knowledge, practical application, and communication of strategies to improve the workplace environment and sustainable performance of their facilities.
Recipients will have demonstrated the value of their innovations or improvements to the community through sustainable outcomes in the facilities management industry. Winner announcement will take place during World FM Day celebrations.
International associations including the Associação Brasileira de Facilities (ABRAFAC), the Association des Directeurs et Responsables de Services Généraux (ARSEG), BIFM, the Facility Management Association of Australia (FMA Australia), FM-ARENA, the Hungarian Facility Management Society (HFMS), the International Facility Management Association (IFMA) and the South African Facilities Management Association (SAFMA) will join the celebration in Australia, Brazil, South Africa, the U.S. and in countries throughout Europe.
To learn more about World FM Day or how to organize an event, check the Global FM promotional video here:
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management