Global Facility Management Association (Global FM) member organizations will once again hold public events on five different continents to bring attention to the important role facility management plays in building organizational performance. Activities will include governmental partnerships, networking events, award presentations, luncheons, video presentations, social media campaigns, and more, all with the goal of raising the profile of the facility management profession worldwide.
Members of Global FM once again invite all countries to join the celebration of the facilities management profession. The goal is to raise the facilities management professional profile around the globe — promoting facilities management’s ideals, not only within the profession and industry, but also among the governments and the general business community.
Global FM Chairman Steve Gladwin adds, “World FM Day is another example of how Global FM is collaborating across boundaries. We are optimistic that individual facilities managers, teams, and companies will once again use this day as a way of promoting the strategic value that facilities management brings to many organizations.”
This year debuts the Global FM Awards for Excellence in Facilities Management. The awards recognize efforts by individuals or teams within the facilities management industry—from researchers through to facility operators—who have made a positive contribution to the knowledge, practical application, and communication of strategies to improve the workplace environment and sustainable performance of their facilities.
Recipients will have demonstrated the value of their innovations or improvements to the community through sustainable outcomes in the facilities management industry. Winner announcement will take place during World FM Day celebrations.
International associations including the Associação Brasileira de Facilities (ABRAFAC), the Association des Directeurs et Responsables de Services Généraux (ARSEG), BIFM, the Facility Management Association of Australia (FMA Australia), FM-ARENA, the Hungarian Facility Management Society (HFMS), the International Facility Management Association (IFMA) and the South African Facilities Management Association (SAFMA) will join the celebration in Australia, Brazil, South Africa, the U.S. and in countries throughout Europe.
To learn more about World FM Day or how to organize an event, check the Global FM promotional video here:
You might like:
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention