Other members include Eaton Corp., Forbo Flooring, Johnson Controls Inc., Kohler Co., KONE, Milliken & Company, Philips Lighting, USG Corporation, and Watertronics.
“We are extremely pleased to have Haworth join the Alliance,” said Craig Zurawski, executive director of the Alliance. “From architectural elements to freestanding furniture, the company’s sustainability approach to their entire product line ensures the solutions they offer are not only great in and of themselves, but also allows them to work together in a holistic environment that can be quickly, easily and inexpensively altered as needs change. This has a profound impact on the sustainability of a building throughout its life cycle.”
In addition to its commitment to creating products that contribute to a high performance green building, Haworth was invited to join the Alliance because of its recognition of sustainability as a critical part of its business strategy and its commitment to greening its own facilities and manufacturing processes.
Haworth has seven LEED-CI Gold-Certified showrooms (Chicago; Dallas; Los Angeles; Washington, DC; Pune, India; San Francisco; and Shanghai, China) as well as four other showrooms that are registered LEED-CI or built to LEED standards (Calgary, Alberta, Canada; New York; Toronto; Zurich, Switzerland). In addition, the company’s headquarters facility is LEED-NC Gold-Certified.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management