Other members include Eaton Corp., Forbo Flooring, Johnson Controls Inc., Kohler Co., KONE, Milliken & Company, Philips Lighting, USG Corporation, and Watertronics.
“We are extremely pleased to have Haworth join the Alliance,” said Craig Zurawski, executive director of the Alliance. “From architectural elements to freestanding furniture, the company’s sustainability approach to their entire product line ensures the solutions they offer are not only great in and of themselves, but also allows them to work together in a holistic environment that can be quickly, easily and inexpensively altered as needs change. This has a profound impact on the sustainability of a building throughout its life cycle.”
In addition to its commitment to creating products that contribute to a high performance green building, Haworth was invited to join the Alliance because of its recognition of sustainability as a critical part of its business strategy and its commitment to greening its own facilities and manufacturing processes.
Haworth has seven LEED-CI Gold-Certified showrooms (Chicago; Dallas; Los Angeles; Washington, DC; Pune, India; San Francisco; and Shanghai, China) as well as four other showrooms that are registered LEED-CI or built to LEED standards (Calgary, Alberta, Canada; New York; Toronto; Zurich, Switzerland). In addition, the company’s headquarters facility is LEED-NC Gold-Certified.
You might like:
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Facility Executive of the Year 2016: Keeping Costs In Check
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?