The company’s pharmaceutical waste management offering is available either as a comprehensive on-site service that eliminates the need for in-house waste management staff or as a menu of services to address specific needs. Services include:
- Rx Waste Characterization
- Rx Program Design
- Medical Floor Rx Collection Services
- Main Accumulation Area Management
- Transportation & Disposal at Clean Harbors company owned and operated facilities
Commented John Kelsey, vice president healthcare at Clean Harbors, “Every health facility has a slightly different approach to pharmaceutical waste management. It may be based on historic practices or it may be the result of organization-specific job descriptions and functions. Regardless, each must effectively address pharmaceutical waste management in order to meet current regulations. Clean Harbors starts by learning our customers’ processes and then designing our services to fit into and improve on the model, while removing the waste management burden from management and staff. Our program allows the most seamless execution with Nursing, Pharmacy, EVS [Environmental Services] and other departments that results in the most efficient and compliant pharmaceutical program required by acute care facilities.”
Clean Harbors pharmaceutical waste services adhere to Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) and Universal Waste (UW) handling regulations. The company monitors federal, state and local regulations to help ensure that waste management practices are always in compliance.
(Photo courtesy of Clean Harbors)
You might like:
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention