NEW SERVICE SPOTLIGHT: Pharmaceutical Waste Management
The company’s pharmaceutical waste management offering is available either as a comprehensive on-site service that eliminates the need for in-house waste management staff or as a menu of services to address specific needs. Services include:
- Rx Waste Characterization
- Rx Program Design
- Medical Floor Rx Collection Services
- Main Accumulation Area Management
- Transportation & Disposal at Clean Harbors company owned and operated facilities
Commented John Kelsey, vice president healthcare at Clean Harbors, “Every health facility has a slightly different approach to pharmaceutical waste management. It may be based on historic practices or it may be the result of organization-specific job descriptions and functions. Regardless, each must effectively address pharmaceutical waste management in order to meet current regulations. Clean Harbors starts by learning our customers’ processes and then designing our services to fit into and improve on the model, while removing the waste management burden from management and staff. Our program allows the most seamless execution with Nursing, Pharmacy, EVS [Environmental Services] and other departments that results in the most efficient and compliant pharmaceutical program required by acute care facilities.”
Clean Harbors pharmaceutical waste services adhere to Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) and Universal Waste (UW) handling regulations. The company monitors federal, state and local regulations to help ensure that waste management practices are always in compliance.
(Photo courtesy of Clean Harbors)
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Five Workplace Wellness Best Practices