NEW SERVICE SPOTLIGHT: Pharmaceutical Waste Management
The company’s pharmaceutical waste management offering is available either as a comprehensive on-site service that eliminates the need for in-house waste management staff or as a menu of services to address specific needs. Services include:
- Rx Waste Characterization
- Rx Program Design
- Medical Floor Rx Collection Services
- Main Accumulation Area Management
- Transportation & Disposal at Clean Harbors company owned and operated facilities
Commented John Kelsey, vice president healthcare at Clean Harbors, “Every health facility has a slightly different approach to pharmaceutical waste management. It may be based on historic practices or it may be the result of organization-specific job descriptions and functions. Regardless, each must effectively address pharmaceutical waste management in order to meet current regulations. Clean Harbors starts by learning our customers’ processes and then designing our services to fit into and improve on the model, while removing the waste management burden from management and staff. Our program allows the most seamless execution with Nursing, Pharmacy, EVS [Environmental Services] and other departments that results in the most efficient and compliant pharmaceutical program required by acute care facilities.”
Clean Harbors pharmaceutical waste services adhere to Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) and Universal Waste (UW) handling regulations. The company monitors federal, state and local regulations to help ensure that waste management practices are always in compliance.
(Photo courtesy of Clean Harbors)
You might like:
- New GSU College of Law Building Encourages Interaction
- Focus On: Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)
- Question Of The Week: Indoor Air Quality Effects?
- Energy Conservation, Student Performance Top Reasons for Improving U.S. Public Schools
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Question of the Week: What Happens During Mold Remediation?
- Question Of The Week: Annual Testing And Maintenance Of Backflow Preventer
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- FM Compliance: Don’t Ignore These Seven Areas
- Question of the Week: How Can I Prevent Bed Bugs In My Facility?
- New Product Flash: UltraDuty GHS Chemical Labels From Avery
- Grogan & Dove Federal Building Named DBIA Design-Build Project Of The Year
- FM Alert: CABA Report Highlights Role of Controls In Zero Net Energy Buildings
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Question of the Week: What Are The Cleaning Benefits of Aqueous Ozone?