Fifty facility practitioners in Macau, China, received IFMA’s prestigious Facility Management Professional credential at the 2009/2010 Facility Management Professional Graduation Ceremony held earlier this month, organized by the Macau Institute of Management (MIM) and the Macau SAR Labor Affairs Bureau.
The June 4 ceremony was attended by incoming IFMA Board of Directors Chairman Francis Kuhn, CFM, CFMJ, and Christopher Hodges, P.E., CFM, IFMA Fellow, and former IFMA board member. Also in attendance were Oscar Chan, Ph.D., CFM, CFMJ, F.PFM, IFMA Fellow, MIM; Liza Ma, MIM; Michael Fang, MIM; Hung Ling Biu, head of vocational training department, Macau Labor Affairs Bureau; Alison Tang Weng Kei, chief of curriculum development, Macau Labor Affairs Bureau; Eddie Y.K. Wong, director of the Academic Council, VP of Macau Management Association; and Ma Sao Lap, director and deputy GM, Banco Tai Fung.
Facility management has become an increasingly important profession in Macau, given the area’s rapid economic growth and development. Macau is home to entertainment facilities, resorts, a rapid transit system, and various public and private infrastructures that have brought the need for quality facility management to the forefront.
IFMA’s FMP Certificate Program was launched in Macau in 2007, and since then 800 people have registered for the course, with 68 graduating in 2009 and 50 graduating this year. There are currently 1,607 accredited FMPs globally.
You might like:
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention