Fifty facility practitioners in Macau, China, received IFMA’s prestigious Facility Management Professional credential at the 2009/2010 Facility Management Professional Graduation Ceremony held earlier this month, organized by the Macau Institute of Management (MIM) and the Macau SAR Labor Affairs Bureau.
The June 4 ceremony was attended by incoming IFMA Board of Directors Chairman Francis Kuhn, CFM, CFMJ, and Christopher Hodges, P.E., CFM, IFMA Fellow, and former IFMA board member. Also in attendance were Oscar Chan, Ph.D., CFM, CFMJ, F.PFM, IFMA Fellow, MIM; Liza Ma, MIM; Michael Fang, MIM; Hung Ling Biu, head of vocational training department, Macau Labor Affairs Bureau; Alison Tang Weng Kei, chief of curriculum development, Macau Labor Affairs Bureau; Eddie Y.K. Wong, director of the Academic Council, VP of Macau Management Association; and Ma Sao Lap, director and deputy GM, Banco Tai Fung.
Facility management has become an increasingly important profession in Macau, given the area’s rapid economic growth and development. Macau is home to entertainment facilities, resorts, a rapid transit system, and various public and private infrastructures that have brought the need for quality facility management to the forefront.
IFMA’s FMP Certificate Program was launched in Macau in 2007, and since then 800 people have registered for the course, with 68 graduating in 2009 and 50 graduating this year. There are currently 1,607 accredited FMPs globally.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades