BICSI, the association supporting the information technology systems (ITS) industry with information, education, and knowledge assessment, has released its newest standard, BICSI 002-2010, Data Center Design and Implementation Best Practices. Written to complement existing standards, within its pages are requirements, recommendations, and additional information—such as site selection, layout, thermal systems, and security—that should be considered when planning and building a data center.
With the push for greater capacity, increased efficiency, and higher levels of utilization, data centers have become more complex to design and bring online. Due to this, today’s data center designer is often required to have knowledge in mechanical, electrical, and telecommunications systems—areas not typically found in the same reference manuals or standards. BICSI 002 addresses this need.
“BICSI 002 is the culmination of the efforts of more than 150 subject matter experts in a wide variety of disciplines related to data center design,” said Jonathan Jew, Co-chair of the Data Center Standards Subcommittee and lead editor of the standard. BICSI’s Standards Committee is comprised of more than 200 members from around the globe. Established in 2004, the Data Center Subcommittee has put in significant time and expertise approving BICSI 002.
“This is truly a great achievement for BICSI and our membership as BICSI 002-2010, Data Center Design and Implementation Best Practices is the ultimate standard for anyone working in the data center arena,” said Brian Hansen, RCDD, NTS, CSI, BICSI President. “I’d like to extend a thanks to all of the Data Center Subcommittee members for their hard work and dedication in producing what we believe to be the most comprehensive data center standard to date.”
You might like:
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- Friday Funny: A Valentine’s Day Look At Office Romance
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Facility Executive of the Year 2016: Keeping Costs In Check
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Cyber Security In Real Estate
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention