BICSI Releases Design Standard For Data Centers
BICSI, the association supporting the information technology systems (ITS) industry with information, education, and knowledge assessment, has released its newest standard, BICSI 002-2010, Data Center Design and Implementation Best Practices. Written to complement existing standards, within its pages are requirements, recommendations, and additional information—such as site selection, layout, thermal systems, and security—that should be considered when planning and building a data center.
With the push for greater capacity, increased efficiency, and higher levels of utilization, data centers have become more complex to design and bring online. Due to this, today’s data center designer is often required to have knowledge in mechanical, electrical, and telecommunications systems—areas not typically found in the same reference manuals or standards. BICSI 002 addresses this need.
“BICSI 002 is the culmination of the efforts of more than 150 subject matter experts in a wide variety of disciplines related to data center design,” said Jonathan Jew, Co-chair of the Data Center Standards Subcommittee and lead editor of the standard. BICSI’s Standards Committee is comprised of more than 200 members from around the globe. Established in 2004, the Data Center Subcommittee has put in significant time and expertise approving BICSI 002.
“This is truly a great achievement for BICSI and our membership as BICSI 002-2010, Data Center Design and Implementation Best Practices is the ultimate standard for anyone working in the data center arena,” said Brian Hansen, RCDD, NTS, CSI, BICSI President. “I’d like to extend a thanks to all of the Data Center Subcommittee members for their hard work and dedication in producing what we believe to be the most comprehensive data center standard to date.”
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Five Workplace Wellness Best Practices