The following story illustrates just how high tensions are running in the energy industry down in Louisiana. And despite the fact the incident happened just a few days ago, it’s hard to find the link between improper swivel chair usage and the BP oil spill…but this particular company president does.
Here’s a summary of the incident (from Deadspin.com):
A major energy company recently had an employee injure himself when his swivel chair collapsed. The injury was severe enough that he took some time off from work — one day, actually. OSHA came in, inspected the situation, then issued a citation to the company for “not properly instructing employees how to sit in their chairs.” Then the company’s health and safety manager sent out a company-wide Power Point presentation to all employees, demonstrating how to properly (and safely!) sit in a swivel chair. (The summary is featured in the top graphic.) Not long after, the prideful president of this energy company stopped by the local Ruston, La., branch for a visit and walk-through. And what did he find? Well, read on:
Obviously, sitting is taken very seriously at this company.
Many thanks to Mary Ellen McCandless, someone who does NOT sit with her feet on her desk, for sending along today’s Friday Funny.
You might like:
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention