FRIDAY FUNNY: Gulf Employees On The Edge Of Their Seats
The following story illustrates just how high tensions are running in the energy industry down in Louisiana. And despite the fact the incident happened just a few days ago, it’s hard to find the link between improper swivel chair usage and the BP oil spill…but this particular company president does.
Here’s a summary of the incident (from Deadspin.com):
A major energy company recently had an employee injure himself when his swivel chair collapsed. The injury was severe enough that he took some time off from work — one day, actually. OSHA came in, inspected the situation, then issued a citation to the company for “not properly instructing employees how to sit in their chairs.” Then the company’s health and safety manager sent out a company-wide Power Point presentation to all employees, demonstrating how to properly (and safely!) sit in a swivel chair. (The summary is featured in the top graphic.) Not long after, the prideful president of this energy company stopped by the local Ruston, La., branch for a visit and walk-through. And what did he find? Well, read on:
Obviously, sitting is taken very seriously at this company.
Many thanks to Mary Ellen McCandless, someone who does NOT sit with her feet on her desk, for sending along today’s Friday Funny.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Five Workplace Wellness Best Practices