The High Performance Building Congressional Caucus Coalition has designated this week, June 13-19, as High Performance Building Week. Held in Washington, DC, the week helps underscore the importance of sustainable practices to federal, state and local lawmakers, as well as the public. The International Facility Management Association joins other members of the coalition in declaring its full support for the objectives of this important annual event.
Reps. Judy Biggert, R-IL, and Russ Carnahan, D-MO, co-chairs of the caucus, have introduced in the U.S. House of Representatives H.RES. 1407, a resolution supporting the goals and ideals of High Performance Building Week. Additional activities to be held in the nation’s capital include site visits, congressional briefings, and a reception honoring high performance building advancements and achievements.
“This year’s High Performance Building Week is particularly timely, as industry associations representing all aspects of the built environment continue to work with Congress to improve the efficiency and performance of the nation’s commercial building stock,” said Jeffrey Johnson, IFMA director of government relations. “IFMA and other associations participating in this week’s events look forward to the opportunity to share information and perspective with leaders in Congress on issues affecting energy use, workplace productivity and the overall health of our buildings and their occupants,” Johnson said. “High performance building will play a critical role in ushering in a new era of economic prosperity, and we are pleased that IFMA can be at the forefront of this effort.”
Those interested in participating in High Performance Building Week are encouraged to reach out to congressional representatives and ask them to join the High Performance Building Congressional Caucus.
You might like:
- Lighting Maintenance: LED Lighting Retrofits
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Friday Funny: Housekeeping Olympic Games
- Cyber Security For Buildings
- Services & Maintenance: Key Pest Control Concerns For Facilities
- Site Security: Background Checks
- Hotel Case Study: A Vision By The Sea
- FM Issue: Power Protection For IoT Connection
- Texas Water Dashboard App From USGS
- LED Innovation For Warehouse Facility
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Marriage Of Mobility And Facility Security
- New York Offers Commercial Buildings $36M To Cut Energy Costs
- 4 Keys To Improve Energy Efficiency Projects