Importance of Sustainable Building Practices Highlighted This Week
The High Performance Building Congressional Caucus Coalition has designated this week, June 13-19, as High Performance Building Week. Held in Washington, DC, the week helps underscore the importance of sustainable practices to federal, state and local lawmakers, as well as the public. The International Facility Management Association joins other members of the coalition in declaring its full support for the objectives of this important annual event.
Reps. Judy Biggert, R-IL, and Russ Carnahan, D-MO, co-chairs of the caucus, have introduced in the U.S. House of Representatives H.RES. 1407, a resolution supporting the goals and ideals of High Performance Building Week. Additional activities to be held in the nation’s capital include site visits, congressional briefings, and a reception honoring high performance building advancements and achievements.
“This year’s High Performance Building Week is particularly timely, as industry associations representing all aspects of the built environment continue to work with Congress to improve the efficiency and performance of the nation’s commercial building stock,” said Jeffrey Johnson, IFMA director of government relations. “IFMA and other associations participating in this week’s events look forward to the opportunity to share information and perspective with leaders in Congress on issues affecting energy use, workplace productivity and the overall health of our buildings and their occupants,” Johnson said. “High performance building will play a critical role in ushering in a new era of economic prosperity, and we are pleased that IFMA can be at the forefront of this effort.”
Those interested in participating in High Performance Building Week are encouraged to reach out to congressional representatives and ask them to join the High Performance Building Congressional Caucus.
You might like:
- New GSU College of Law Building Encourages Interaction
- Focus On: Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)
- Question Of The Week: Indoor Air Quality Effects?
- Energy Conservation, Student Performance Top Reasons for Improving U.S. Public Schools
- Question of the Week: What Happens During Mold Remediation?
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Question of the Week: How Can I Prevent Bed Bugs In My Facility?
- New Product Flash: UltraDuty GHS Chemical Labels From Avery
- Grogan & Dove Federal Building Named DBIA Design-Build Project Of The Year
- FM Compliance: Don’t Ignore These Seven Areas
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Question of the Week: What Are The Cleaning Benefits of Aqueous Ozone?
- FM Alert: CABA Report Highlights Role of Controls In Zero Net Energy Buildings
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Facilities Generate Revenue With Frequency Regulation