Importance of Sustainable Building Practices Highlighted This Week
The High Performance Building Congressional Caucus Coalition has designated this week, June 13-19, as High Performance Building Week. Held in Washington, DC, the week helps underscore the importance of sustainable practices to federal, state and local lawmakers, as well as the public. The International Facility Management Association joins other members of the coalition in declaring its full support for the objectives of this important annual event.
Reps. Judy Biggert, R-IL, and Russ Carnahan, D-MO, co-chairs of the caucus, have introduced in the U.S. House of Representatives H.RES. 1407, a resolution supporting the goals and ideals of High Performance Building Week. Additional activities to be held in the nation’s capital include site visits, congressional briefings, and a reception honoring high performance building advancements and achievements.
“This year’s High Performance Building Week is particularly timely, as industry associations representing all aspects of the built environment continue to work with Congress to improve the efficiency and performance of the nation’s commercial building stock,” said Jeffrey Johnson, IFMA director of government relations. “IFMA and other associations participating in this week’s events look forward to the opportunity to share information and perspective with leaders in Congress on issues affecting energy use, workplace productivity and the overall health of our buildings and their occupants,” Johnson said. “High performance building will play a critical role in ushering in a new era of economic prosperity, and we are pleased that IFMA can be at the forefront of this effort.”
Those interested in participating in High Performance Building Week are encouraged to reach out to congressional representatives and ask them to join the High Performance Building Congressional Caucus.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.