The International Facility Management Association’s Legal Industry Council has released its first benchmarking report, providing facility professionals in the legal field a way to compare operational costs and best practices with others in the industry. The “Legal Industry Council of IFMA Benchmarking Report 2010” offers detailed information from facility managers in more than 50 North American law firms on topics including:
- Amenities and services offered;
- Space types, uses and standards;
- Components of disaster preparedness plans;
- Furniture standards and manufacturers/models used;
- Outsourcing and support services;
- Vendors and consultants used;
- Equipment use and charge backs; and
- Sustainability and environmental issues.
Facility professionals from law firms including Clifford Chance U.S. LLP; King Spalding; Proskauer Rose; Sidley Austin LLP; Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher, and Flom LLP; and Vinson Elkins contributed to the report.
Data was compiled from a 172-question survey sent to members of IFMA’s Legal Industry Council. Information security was a top priority of the survey, with all information being reported anonymously. Where applicable, results were broken out by firm size or geographic location.
“No matter what idea I bring to management, they always want to know what the industry standard is,” said Mark E. Roberts, Legal Industry Council president. “This report allows me to show what other firms are doing and why we should or should not be encouraged to do the same. If done periodically, surveys such as this will also help us identify trends within the legal marketplace.”
The benchmarking survey was conducted with the support of HOK, a global architectural firm specializing in planning, design, and delivery solutions for buildings and communities. To purchase a copy the “Legal Industry Council of IFMA Benchmarking Report 2010,” click here.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management