The International Facility Management Association’s Legal Industry Council has released its first benchmarking report, providing facility professionals in the legal field a way to compare operational costs and best practices with others in the industry. The “Legal Industry Council of IFMA Benchmarking Report 2010” offers detailed information from facility managers in more than 50 North American law firms on topics including:
- Amenities and services offered;
- Space types, uses and standards;
- Components of disaster preparedness plans;
- Furniture standards and manufacturers/models used;
- Outsourcing and support services;
- Vendors and consultants used;
- Equipment use and charge backs; and
- Sustainability and environmental issues.
Facility professionals from law firms including Clifford Chance U.S. LLP; King Spalding; Proskauer Rose; Sidley Austin LLP; Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher, and Flom LLP; and Vinson Elkins contributed to the report.
Data was compiled from a 172-question survey sent to members of IFMA’s Legal Industry Council. Information security was a top priority of the survey, with all information being reported anonymously. Where applicable, results were broken out by firm size or geographic location.
“No matter what idea I bring to management, they always want to know what the industry standard is,” said Mark E. Roberts, Legal Industry Council president. “This report allows me to show what other firms are doing and why we should or should not be encouraged to do the same. If done periodically, surveys such as this will also help us identify trends within the legal marketplace.”
The benchmarking survey was conducted with the support of HOK, a global architectural firm specializing in planning, design, and delivery solutions for buildings and communities. To purchase a copy the “Legal Industry Council of IFMA Benchmarking Report 2010,” click here.
You might like:
- Lighting Maintenance: LED Lighting Retrofits
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Friday Funny: Housekeeping Olympic Games
- Cyber Security For Buildings
- Services & Maintenance: Key Pest Control Concerns For Facilities
- Site Security: Background Checks
- Hotel Case Study: A Vision By The Sea
- FM Issue: Power Protection For IoT Connection
- Texas Water Dashboard App From USGS
- LED Innovation For Warehouse Facility
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Marriage Of Mobility And Facility Security
- 4 Keys To Improve Energy Efficiency Projects
- New York Offers Commercial Buildings $36M To Cut Energy Costs