The International Facility Management Association’s Legal Industry Council has released its first benchmarking report, providing facility professionals in the legal field a way to compare operational costs and best practices with others in the industry. The “Legal Industry Council of IFMA Benchmarking Report 2010” offers detailed information from facility managers in more than 50 North American law firms on topics including:
- Amenities and services offered;
- Space types, uses and standards;
- Components of disaster preparedness plans;
- Furniture standards and manufacturers/models used;
- Outsourcing and support services;
- Vendors and consultants used;
- Equipment use and charge backs; and
- Sustainability and environmental issues.
Facility professionals from law firms including Clifford Chance U.S. LLP; King Spalding; Proskauer Rose; Sidley Austin LLP; Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher, and Flom LLP; and Vinson Elkins contributed to the report.
Data was compiled from a 172-question survey sent to members of IFMA’s Legal Industry Council. Information security was a top priority of the survey, with all information being reported anonymously. Where applicable, results were broken out by firm size or geographic location.
“No matter what idea I bring to management, they always want to know what the industry standard is,” said Mark E. Roberts, Legal Industry Council president. “This report allows me to show what other firms are doing and why we should or should not be encouraged to do the same. If done periodically, surveys such as this will also help us identify trends within the legal marketplace.”
The benchmarking survey was conducted with the support of HOK, a global architectural firm specializing in planning, design, and delivery solutions for buildings and communities. To purchase a copy the “Legal Industry Council of IFMA Benchmarking Report 2010,” click here.
You might like:
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question of the Week: How Can I Protect Employees From Zika Virus?
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- VARIDESK Debuts Pro Desk 60 On HBO’s “Silicon Valley”
- Infographic: The Healthcare Speech Privacy Crisis
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- SkyBEAM UAV From Tremco FAA Approved For Nighttime Operation
- Lunetta Exterior Lighting By Amerlux
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- President Obama Proclaims May National Building Safety Month
- Spray Kleen Multi-Surface & All-Purpose by Sunburst Chemicals
- DCIM For Facility Management
- Fire Rated Flood Door from PS DOORS
- York Chiller Mobile App