The International Facility Management Association’s Legal Industry Council has released its first benchmarking report, providing facility professionals in the legal field a way to compare operational costs and best practices with others in the industry. The “Legal Industry Council of IFMA Benchmarking Report 2010” offers detailed information from facility managers in more than 50 North American law firms on topics including:
- Amenities and services offered;
- Space types, uses and standards;
- Components of disaster preparedness plans;
- Furniture standards and manufacturers/models used;
- Outsourcing and support services;
- Vendors and consultants used;
- Equipment use and charge backs; and
- Sustainability and environmental issues.
Facility professionals from law firms including Clifford Chance U.S. LLP; King Spalding; Proskauer Rose; Sidley Austin LLP; Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher, and Flom LLP; and Vinson Elkins contributed to the report.
Data was compiled from a 172-question survey sent to members of IFMA’s Legal Industry Council. Information security was a top priority of the survey, with all information being reported anonymously. Where applicable, results were broken out by firm size or geographic location.
“No matter what idea I bring to management, they always want to know what the industry standard is,” said Mark E. Roberts, Legal Industry Council president. “This report allows me to show what other firms are doing and why we should or should not be encouraged to do the same. If done periodically, surveys such as this will also help us identify trends within the legal marketplace.”
The benchmarking survey was conducted with the support of HOK, a global architectural firm specializing in planning, design, and delivery solutions for buildings and communities. To purchase a copy the “Legal Industry Council of IFMA Benchmarking Report 2010,” click here.
You might like:
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Facility Executive of the Year 2016: Keeping Costs In Check
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?