The New York Tech Valley (Albany) Chapter of IFMA was approved by IFMA’s board of directors at their April meeting. The formation steering committee has worked for a number of months to recruit new members, develop a succession plan and put together a one-year program schedule prior to requesting approval of the new chapter.
The chapter’s board is led by Oleh Turczak, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, chapter president. Other officers are: Daniel Green, Farm Family, chapter vice president; David Hammons, RD Weis Companies, chapter treasurer; and Carolina Rock, Express Scripts, chapter secretary. A former IFMA chapter in this region, the New York Capital Chapter was dissolved many years ago. The new leadership feels that there is substantial opportunity for the new chapter to thrive. This region of New York as seen significant growth especially in the area of new technologies.
For more information, visit the chapter’s newly-launched website at www.ifma-nytechvalley.org.
You might like:
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention