The American Society for Healthcare Engineering (ASHE) of the American Hospital Association (AHA) is pleased to announce the publication of Health Care Commissioning Guidelines. Developed for healthcare professionals by healthcare professionals, this is the only commissioning guide to focus on the issues specific to commissioning in a healthcare environment.
Commissioning, which ensures that the building operates according to its design, is critical to the success of every healthcare facility project. Many buildings designed for high performance fail to achieve the desired results. The ASHE Health Facility Commissioning Guidelines will enable healthcare organizations to achieve the results they expect from the facilities they build.
The ASHE health facility commissioning (HFCx) process outlined in this important publication can be used to establish a standard language and process for commissioning healthcare facilities that are cost-effective, efficient, and deliver the desired return on investment.
The ASHE HFCx guidelines staff are able to assign accountability for actual building performance to the entire project team, including the health facility commissioning authority. The collaboration among project participants encouraged by this approach improves the project team’s ability to deliver a healthcare physical environment that meets the goals of the healthcare organization and the needs of its community. The HFCx guidelines provide the project team with a process and a robust set of tools to improve initial project commissioning collaboration, continuing commissioning behaviors, and retrocommissioning tactics.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management