The American Society for Healthcare Engineering (ASHE) of the American Hospital Association (AHA) is pleased to announce the publication of Health Care Commissioning Guidelines. Developed for healthcare professionals by healthcare professionals, this is the only commissioning guide to focus on the issues specific to commissioning in a healthcare environment.
Commissioning, which ensures that the building operates according to its design, is critical to the success of every healthcare facility project. Many buildings designed for high performance fail to achieve the desired results. The ASHE Health Facility Commissioning Guidelines will enable healthcare organizations to achieve the results they expect from the facilities they build.
The ASHE health facility commissioning (HFCx) process outlined in this important publication can be used to establish a standard language and process for commissioning healthcare facilities that are cost-effective, efficient, and deliver the desired return on investment.
The ASHE HFCx guidelines staff are able to assign accountability for actual building performance to the entire project team, including the health facility commissioning authority. The collaboration among project participants encouraged by this approach improves the project team’s ability to deliver a healthcare physical environment that meets the goals of the healthcare organization and the needs of its community. The HFCx guidelines provide the project team with a process and a robust set of tools to improve initial project commissioning collaboration, continuing commissioning behaviors, and retrocommissioning tactics.
You might like:
- Lighting Maintenance: LED Lighting Retrofits
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Friday Funny: Housekeeping Olympic Games
- Cyber Security For Buildings
- Services & Maintenance: Key Pest Control Concerns For Facilities
- Site Security: Background Checks
- Hotel Case Study: A Vision By The Sea
- FM Issue: Power Protection For IoT Connection
- Texas Water Dashboard App From USGS
- LED Innovation For Warehouse Facility
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Marriage Of Mobility And Facility Security
- New York Offers Commercial Buildings $36M To Cut Energy Costs
- 4 Keys To Improve Energy Efficiency Projects