The IFMA Foundation’s inaugural International Student of the Year award — established to compliment the foundation’s longstanding annual scholarships — will be presented at IFMA’s World Workplace 2010 in Atlanta, Ga., U.S.A., and annually thereafter.
The deadline for International Student of the Year award applications has been extended to July 31.
Open to students from across the world, the International Student of the Year award will recognize the facility management student who best exemplifies the future of the profession through academic achievement, excellence and enthusiasm for the industry. The winning entry will be chosen by a panel of facility management subject matter experts.
“This award not only recognizes educational attainment, but also represents a partnership opportunity between students and industry,” said Stephen Ballesty, IFMA Foundation chair and award judging panel chair. “We are proud of the fact that the award is open to all, regardless of their membership in IFMA, nationality or location. The IFMA Foundation has gathered an eminent panel of judges from across the globe for this competition, representing the diversity of our industry.”
The 2010 International Student of the Year award judges are:
1. Americas – Sandy Oliver – IMF and IFMA Foundation secretary/treasurer
2. Americas – Paul Ratkovic – Agile Oak LLC and IFMA director
3. Asia – Dr. Danny Shiem-Shin Then – Hong Kong Polytechnic University and IFMA Commission on Academic Affairs member
4. EMEA – Ian Broadbent – Hallmark Cards and BIFM chairman elect
5. EMEA – Albert Pilger, IFMA Fellow – Pilger Facility Management GmbH and EuroFM past chairman
6. EMEA – Andreas Rohregger – GE Energy and former IFMA Foundation trustee
7. Oceania – Peter Scott – Woodside Energy and FMA Australia past director
8. Panel Chair – Stephen Ballesty – Rider Levett Bucknall, FMA Australia past chairman and IFMA Foundation chair
For more information on the IFMA Foundation’s International Student of the Year award, including guidelines, click here.
To apply for the International Student of the Year award, visit the online application page here.
You might like:
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention
- Did You Miss “Facilities Management Challenges And Opportunities In 2016” Webinar?