Up to now, books on Legionnaires’ disease have been written for scientists, engineers, healthcare workers, water treatment specialists, facility managers, or other professionals whose work relates to the disease or the control of Legionella bacteria. The new book, Protect Yourself from Legionnaires’ Disease: The waterborne illness that continues to kill and harm, is for a general audience. A chapter devoted to survivors’ stories, told in their own words, will give readers a sense of just how horrible the disease is and that it can affect anyone.
Author Matt Freije gives important facts about Legionnaires’ disease and explains how to avoid it in hospitals, office buildings, and hotels; at the dentist, on the job, and from hot tubs, decorative fountains, misters, cooling towers, whirlpool bathtubs, and even car windshield washers.
The PDF version of the book is available for download now for $19.95. The softcover and electronic versions for various devices are due out later this year.
You might like:
- Lighting Maintenance: LED Lighting Retrofits
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Friday Funny: Housekeeping Olympic Games
- Cyber Security For Buildings
- Site Security: Background Checks
- Hotel Case Study: A Vision By The Sea
- Services & Maintenance: Key Pest Control Concerns For Facilities
- FM Issue: Power Protection For IoT Connection
- Texas Water Dashboard App From USGS
- LED Innovation For Warehouse Facility
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- New York Offers Commercial Buildings $36M To Cut Energy Costs
- Marriage Of Mobility And Facility Security
- Workplace Study Reveals Insight On Open Office Layouts