Up to now, books on Legionnaires’ disease have been written for scientists, engineers, healthcare workers, water treatment specialists, facility managers, or other professionals whose work relates to the disease or the control of Legionella bacteria. The new book, Protect Yourself from Legionnaires’ Disease: The waterborne illness that continues to kill and harm, is for a general audience. A chapter devoted to survivors’ stories, told in their own words, will give readers a sense of just how horrible the disease is and that it can affect anyone.
Author Matt Freije gives important facts about Legionnaires’ disease and explains how to avoid it in hospitals, office buildings, and hotels; at the dentist, on the job, and from hot tubs, decorative fountains, misters, cooling towers, whirlpool bathtubs, and even car windshield washers.
The PDF version of the book is available for download now for $19.95. The softcover and electronic versions for various devices are due out later this year.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management