The (PP-R) material used in Aquatherm is an abundant byproduct of petroleum processing. The company states that it requires far less energy for initial production than other piping materials, and involves none of the environmental effects associated with mining operations. Additionally, the pipe has a natural R-value of 1-1.5 depending on pipe size and SDR.
With no leak path and strong joints, Aquatherm is built to last a lifetime and is fully recyclable. It is tested and certified to many national and international safety standards and codes, including ISO, IAPMO, ICC, ASTM, and NSF (NSF 61, 51, 14), among others. Aquatherm Greenpipe come in pipe dimensions ranging from 3/8″ to 12″ (equivalent).
While the product may be new to some in the industry, Greenpipe has been used around the world for more than 35 years. Qualities include:
- Low material cost (especially when considering installation times/costs)
- A comprehensive manufacturer warranty
- Absolutely corrosion resistant and resistant against chemicals
- Reduced linear expansion for Aquatherm Greenpipe® faser-composite pipe by 75%
- High impact resistance and reduced pipe friction
- Heat and sound insulating characteristics
- Lightweight and easy to pre-assemble
Aquatherm also makes Climatherm pipe (HVAC applications) and Lilac (for recycled/reclaimed water).
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management