The (PP-R) material used in Aquatherm is an abundant byproduct of petroleum processing. The company states that it requires far less energy for initial production than other piping materials, and involves none of the environmental effects associated with mining operations. Additionally, the pipe has a natural R-value of 1-1.5 depending on pipe size and SDR.
With no leak path and strong joints, Aquatherm is built to last a lifetime and is fully recyclable. It is tested and certified to many national and international safety standards and codes, including ISO, IAPMO, ICC, ASTM, and NSF (NSF 61, 51, 14), among others. Aquatherm Greenpipe come in pipe dimensions ranging from 3/8″ to 12″ (equivalent).
While the product may be new to some in the industry, Greenpipe has been used around the world for more than 35 years. Qualities include:
- Low material cost (especially when considering installation times/costs)
- A comprehensive manufacturer warranty
- Absolutely corrosion resistant and resistant against chemicals
- Reduced linear expansion for Aquatherm Greenpipe® faser-composite pipe by 75%
- High impact resistance and reduced pipe friction
- Heat and sound insulating characteristics
- Lightweight and easy to pre-assemble
Aquatherm also makes Climatherm pipe (HVAC applications) and Lilac (for recycled/reclaimed water).
You might like:
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention