As building information modeling (BIM) continues to change the way construction projects are built, Firestone Building Products Company, LLC, has introduced RoofGenuity, a modeling tool for the commercial roofing industry. The online tool enables facility managers, building owners, architects, consultants, and roofing contractors to populate the roof area on their building designs with various configurations of Firestone single-ply, asphalt and metal roofing systems, and polyiso insulation BIM objects to create the optimal model for their project needs.
RoofGenuity is aimed at providing the information needed to create roof assemblies with Firestone products. It can be used for a range of building types, including educational facilities; commercial, industrial and office buildings; entertainment venues; healthcare facilities; and government buildings.
To use RoofGenuity, industry professionals can visit the RoofGenuity portal and register for a free account. After entering optional project location information, the user can begin the roof assembly process.
Available in pre-configured or fully customizable systems, the modeling tool prompts users to select their preferred assembly features (including system type, attachment method, R-value, deck type, and desired warranty). They also can choose options such as a cool roof, coverboard, or vapor retarder.
Based on the responses, a list of potential roof assemblies is generated, complete with product details and 3D models. RoofGenuity also features links to product and technical information on the Firestone Building Products’ website. After final customizations are made, a 2D CAD drawing or 3D model of the finished assembly can be downloaded to a computer or exported to another BIM program.
RoofGenuity is designed to work with Autodesk® Revit® Architecture building design software. Integration with other popular BIM programs is planned for later in 2010.
You might like:
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Friday Funny: A Valentine’s Day Look At Office Romance
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Facility Executive of the Year 2016: Keeping Costs In Check
- Cyber Security In Real Estate
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention