Trendway Garners SCS Certification For Pack
Trendway's Pack Collection of desking, filing, and storage has achieved the Indoor Advantage Gold indoor air quality certification from SCS (Scientific Certification Systems). All Trendway standard products are SCS certified, and the Pack Collection now shares Gold status with Trendway's Choices system, Intrinsic Freestanding, and TrendWall architectural wall.
"With Indoor Advantage Gold certification for the Pack Collection, our customers can complete their entire office with certified products," noted Trendway President and CEO Bill Bundy. "Our panel systems, frame and tile solutions, TrendWall architectural wall, files and storage, freestanding casegoods, and seating are all Indoor Advantage certified, and all are supported by Trendway's exceptional service.
The Indoor Advantage Gold certification conforms to the following standards:
- USGBC LEED criteria for EQ4.1 (adhesives and sealants), EQ4.2 (paints and coatings), EQ4.4 (composite wood and agri-fiber products) and EQ4.5 (furniture and seating)
- ANSI/BIFMA X7.1-2006 Low-emitting office furniture systems and seating
- Collaborative for High Performance Schools (CHPS)
- California 01350 Special Environmental Requirements
- California Dept. of General Service indoor air quality specifications for open panel office furniture
SCS Indoor Advantage certification is administered by the independent third-party certifier SCS of Emeryville, CA. The certification relies on data collected through small chamber testing, which allows manufacturers to examine a product's individual components to aid in further product development.
Other posts by