By James C. Elledge, IFMA Fellow, CFM, FMA, RPA, RIAQM
Published in the July 2010 issue of Today’s Facility Manager
Q How do I write a welcome memo to a new tenant informing him or her of the following: services provided, contact addresses, and phone numbers? Along with this information, I would like to encourage the new tenant to tell me how I can provide the best services.
A One You nearly had the answer when you e-mailed me your question! In terms of setting up a model, think about the last time you stayed at a hotel while traveling. Did you see and look over the ever present welcome booklet which explained the services and features offered by the hotel? You can copy the same type of format to create a new tenant letter.
Most important, your letter should include essential information like standard operating hours, special services (ATMs, overtime HVAC, etc.), contact numbers for repairs or emergencies, and any other features which set your facility apart from competitors. If well crafted, this letter can be a very helpful, informative marketing piece.
Elledge,facility/office services manager for Dallas, TX-based Summit AllianceCompanies, is the recipient of the Distinguished Author Award from theInternational Facility Management Association (IFMA), is an IFMA Fellow, and isa member of TFM’sEditorial Advisory Board. All questions have been submitted via the “Ask TheExpert” portion of the magazine’s Web site. To pose a question, visit this link.
You might like:
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question of the Week: How Can I Protect Employees From Zika Virus?
- VARIDESK Debuts Pro Desk 60 On HBO’s “Silicon Valley”
- Lunetta Exterior Lighting By Amerlux
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Infographic: The Healthcare Speech Privacy Crisis
- SkyBEAM UAV From Tremco FAA Approved For Nighttime Operation
- Spray Kleen Multi-Surface & All-Purpose by Sunburst Chemicals
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Fire Rated Flood Door from PS DOORS
- Energy Storage Solution From Northern Power
- Five Things To Consider When Starting A Predictive Maintenance Program
- President Obama Proclaims May National Building Safety Month