Tricks Of The Trade: Winning Welcome Letters
By James C. Elledge, IFMA Fellow, CFM, FMA, RPA, RIAQM
Published in the July 2010 issue of Today’s Facility Manager
Q How do I write a welcome memo to a new tenant informing him or her of the following: services provided, contact addresses, and phone numbers? Along with this information, I would like to encourage the new tenant to tell me how I can provide the best services.
A One You nearly had the answer when you e-mailed me your question! In terms of setting up a model, think about the last time you stayed at a hotel while traveling. Did you see and look over the ever present welcome booklet which explained the services and features offered by the hotel? You can copy the same type of format to create a new tenant letter.
Most important, your letter should include essential information like standard operating hours, special services (ATMs, overtime HVAC, etc.), contact numbers for repairs or emergencies, and any other features which set your facility apart from competitors. If well crafted, this letter can be a very helpful, informative marketing piece.
Elledge,facility/office services manager for Dallas, TX-based Summit AllianceCompanies, is the recipient of the Distinguished Author Award from theInternational Facility Management Association (IFMA), is an IFMA Fellow, and isa member of TFM’sEditorial Advisory Board. All questions have been submitted via the “Ask TheExpert” portion of the magazine’s Web site. To pose a question, visit this link.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ