Facilities management (FM) associations and professionals on five different continents celebrated the contributions FM makes to international business and the global built environment last month during the second annual World FM Day, held on June 24, 2010.
Global Facilities Management Association (Global FM) member organizations and others held public events around the world to recognize the important role FM plays in business strategy, organizational development, and environmental sustainability.
Global FM’s Chairman Steve Gladwin stated, “no matter how you celebrated World FM Day this year, I was very pleased to see that individual facility managers, FM teams, and FM Companies successfully used World FM Day as a way of promoting the strategic value that FM brings to many organizations.”
International associations including the Associação Brasileira de Facilities (ABRAFAC), the Association des Directeurs et Responsables de Services Généraux (ARSEG), British Institute of Facilities Management (BIFM), the Facility Management Association of Australia (FMA Australia), FM-ARENA (der Schweizer Facility Management Verein), the Hungarian Facility Management Society (HFMS), the International Facility Management Association (IFMA), and the South African Facilities Management Association (SAFMA) held public events in Australia, Brazil, South Africa, the U.S., and in countries throughout Europe in celebration of World FM Day. World FM Day activities around the globe included networking events, conferences, panel discussions, meetings, award presentations, luncheons, social networking events, video presentations, site visits, happy hour celebrations, and more — each raising the profile of the FM profession in its own way.
You might like:
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Predictive Analytics For “Low-Tech” Facilities
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Leadership Support Linked To Workplace Well-Being
- Five Safety Tips For Your Facility’s Construction Project
- Planned Investment In Energy Efficiency Hits All-time High
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Employee Engagement Linked To Workplace Satisfaction
- Healthcare Waiting Room Design
- New School Construction Focused On Building Envelope Performance
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Employees Are Leading Cause Of Data Breaches
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Smart City 2.0: Next Step In Urban Innovation