Facilities management (FM) associations and professionals on five different continents celebrated the contributions FM makes to international business and the global built environment last month during the second annual World FM Day, held on June 24, 2010.
Global Facilities Management Association (Global FM) member organizations and others held public events around the world to recognize the important role FM plays in business strategy, organizational development, and environmental sustainability.
Global FM’s Chairman Steve Gladwin stated, “no matter how you celebrated World FM Day this year, I was very pleased to see that individual facility managers, FM teams, and FM Companies successfully used World FM Day as a way of promoting the strategic value that FM brings to many organizations.”
International associations including the Associação Brasileira de Facilities (ABRAFAC), the Association des Directeurs et Responsables de Services Généraux (ARSEG), British Institute of Facilities Management (BIFM), the Facility Management Association of Australia (FMA Australia), FM-ARENA (der Schweizer Facility Management Verein), the Hungarian Facility Management Society (HFMS), the International Facility Management Association (IFMA), and the South African Facilities Management Association (SAFMA) held public events in Australia, Brazil, South Africa, the U.S., and in countries throughout Europe in celebration of World FM Day. World FM Day activities around the globe included networking events, conferences, panel discussions, meetings, award presentations, luncheons, social networking events, video presentations, site visits, happy hour celebrations, and more — each raising the profile of the FM profession in its own way.
You might like:
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention