Facilities management (FM) associations and professionals on five different continents celebrated the contributions FM makes to international business and the global built environment last month during the second annual World FM Day, held on June 24, 2010.
Global Facilities Management Association (Global FM) member organizations and others held public events around the world to recognize the important role FM plays in business strategy, organizational development, and environmental sustainability.
Global FM’s Chairman Steve Gladwin stated, “no matter how you celebrated World FM Day this year, I was very pleased to see that individual facility managers, FM teams, and FM Companies successfully used World FM Day as a way of promoting the strategic value that FM brings to many organizations.”
International associations including the Associação Brasileira de Facilities (ABRAFAC), the Association des Directeurs et Responsables de Services Généraux (ARSEG), British Institute of Facilities Management (BIFM), the Facility Management Association of Australia (FMA Australia), FM-ARENA (der Schweizer Facility Management Verein), the Hungarian Facility Management Society (HFMS), the International Facility Management Association (IFMA), and the South African Facilities Management Association (SAFMA) held public events in Australia, Brazil, South Africa, the U.S., and in countries throughout Europe in celebration of World FM Day. World FM Day activities around the globe included networking events, conferences, panel discussions, meetings, award presentations, luncheons, social networking events, video presentations, site visits, happy hour celebrations, and more — each raising the profile of the FM profession in its own way.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades