ASIS to Recognize Heroic Acts by Security Officers
The ASIS Foundation, in partnership with the Brownyard Group, has re-established the W.H. Brownyard Meritorious Award. The award, first founded in 1987, is presented to an individual who performed a heroic or meritorious act in the face of adversity. The 2010 award will be presented at the ASIS International 56th Annual Seminar and Exhibits (ASIS 2010) on October 14.
“Security officers play a critical role in the protection of life and property, and in many instances serve as an organization’s first line of defense,” notes ASIS Foundation President David C. Davis, CPP, senior manager, business unit security, Northrop Grumman. “The ASIS Foundation is honored to acknowledge professionals who have demonstrated outstanding commitment and skills in the performance of their duties with this award and to support their future enrichment.”
“When my father – Bill (William) Brownyard – proposed the idea for this award, it was because he saw that security guards didn’t receive the recognition they deserved,” says Brendan Brownyard, CEO, Brownyard Group. “There are many security guards who provide great protection, reduce losses, and often thwart danger and tragedy by taking heroic action. We’re proud to recognize their service.”
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Five Workplace Wellness Best Practices