The British Institute of Facilities Management (BIFM) and the Facilities Management Association (FMA) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on August 17, 2010. The goal of the MoU is to help both organizations to provide enhanced services to their members and raise the profile of facilities management through cooperation and collaboration.
Specifically, BIFM and FMA mutually agree to cooperate on events, communication, information gathering, and market research. They will also support each other’s missions.
Commenting on the agreement, BIFM Chairman Ian Broadbent said: “I’m delighted that BIFM has signed this MoU with the FMA. The facilities management profession and industry can only benefit from cooperation between sector bodies, and I look forward to the two organizations working together in areas of mutual interest.”
FMA Chairman Richard Sykes said: “We are extremely pleased to have signed the MOU which will enable mutual benefit and increased collaboration between our two organizations. Our industry requires an increasingly common approach and voice to gain the respect and influence it deserves and such cooperation is essential to achieving this aim.”
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management