The British Institute of Facilities Management (BIFM) and the Facilities Management Association (FMA) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on August 17, 2010. The goal of the MoU is to help both organizations to provide enhanced services to their members and raise the profile of facilities management through cooperation and collaboration.
Specifically, BIFM and FMA mutually agree to cooperate on events, communication, information gathering, and market research. They will also support each other’s missions.
Commenting on the agreement, BIFM Chairman Ian Broadbent said: “I’m delighted that BIFM has signed this MoU with the FMA. The facilities management profession and industry can only benefit from cooperation between sector bodies, and I look forward to the two organizations working together in areas of mutual interest.”
FMA Chairman Richard Sykes said: “We are extremely pleased to have signed the MOU which will enable mutual benefit and increased collaboration between our two organizations. Our industry requires an increasingly common approach and voice to gain the respect and influence it deserves and such cooperation is essential to achieving this aim.”
You might like:
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention