Fifteen facilities from across the United States are finalists in the competition to win the Siemens Smartest Building in America™ Challenge. This month, a panel of five industry experts will determine which facilities will earn the Smartest Building in America title and win up to $25,000 worth of building technologies products and services.
The Challenge, which accepted entries until July 15, highlights how people use technology to keep buildings operating. The Challenge looks for innovative and creative approaches taken by facility managers. Any facility that operates either APOGEE® or TALON® building automation systems was eligible for nomination. Participants were asked to submit brief videos that explain why their buildings are the smartest in America.
Grand prize winners will receive $25,000 in products and services from the Building Technologies Division or a $25,000 contribution to a qualified charity of their choice. Runner up prize winners will receive $15,000 in products and services from the Building Technologies Division or a $15,000 contribution to a qualified charity of their choice.
The Challenge finalists, appearing in random order:
- Upper Merion Area School District, Candlebrook Elementary School
- CME Group, GFX Corporation’s High Density Data Center
- Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, E. Donnell Thomas Building
- City of Seattle, Parks Department, Northgate Civic Center
- Elizabethtown College, Nicarry Hall
- Greenwich Hospital
- Manchester College’s Science Center
- Childress Klein Properties, Duke Energy Center
- Iowa Central Community College
- Hilton Worldwide office building
- Grand View University Rasmussen Building
- Compass Rose Consulting, Isabella EEB Project
- Cold Climate Housing Research Center
- Arkansas Department of Environment Quality
- Texas Women’s University
You might like:
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention