FM Sustainable Landscaping Guide Released
The Groundskeeper and the IFMA Foundation are pleased to announce the release of Sustainable Landscaping, a practical, real world guide on how to introduce and advance sustainable practices in landscaping.
The guide, sixth in the IFMA Foundation’s Sustainability “How-to” Guide Series, provides an overview of several key areas, including:
- The three primary phases of sustainable landscaping: Design, construction and maintenance;
- Guidance on making the business case for sustainability, along with information on developing an action plan; and
- Case studies offering real-world insight into effective approaches.
Insights and expertise for the guide came from a cross section of The Groundskeeper’s management team and other subject matter experts. It serves as a practical guide and reference for facility managers, property managers, community managers, and operations professionals across multiple industry sectors.
“The Groundskeeper has been a valued partner of IFMA for a decade, and we are delighted to work with them on Sustainable Landscaping, which we think will help facility and landscaping professionals in various industries see more of a return from their sustainability efforts,” said IFMA Foundation Executive Director Will Rub.
“The Sustainability ‘How-to’ Guide Series has been well received so far, but our constituency indicated a strong interest in learning more about sustainability in the landscape industry,” said Eric Teicholz, executive editor of the guides. “This new guide, coordinated by The Groundskeeper, definitely meets that need.”
This publication is available as a free pdf at the following download link: Landscaping.
You might like:
- Focus On: Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)
- Question of the Week: What Happens During Mold Remediation?
- Did You Miss The “What You Haven’t Heard About LED Upgrades – But Should!” Webinar?
- Energy Conservation, Student Performance Top Reasons for Improving U.S. Public Schools
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Question Of The Week: Indoor Air Quality Effects?
- Upgrading Power Transformers
- Fall Is A Great Time To Focus On Energy Systems
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Question of the Week: What Are The Cleaning Benefits of Aqueous Ozone?
- Webinar: The Impact of Using Defendable Data to Assess & Budget for the Future
- Stepping Up Security And Service During UN Week 2015
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Greener Living, One Parking Lot At A Time
- FM Compliance: Don’t Ignore These Seven Areas