New ANSI-Approved Retail Measurement Standard
The Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) International has released Retail Buildings: Standard Methods of Measurement (ANSI/BOMA Z65.5-2010), a new measurement standard that provides a uniform methodology for computing, communicating, and comparing the measurement of shopping centers, providing an unequivocal direct measure of the physical size of the floor area of a retail building. The standard is designed to serve the interests of building owners, managers, and occupants as well as facility managers, brokers, appraisers, assessors, lenders, insurers, developers, construction and design professionals, and others.
“We are excited to add the new retail measurement standard to BOMA’s family of measurement standards,” commented BOMA International Chair Ray H. Mackey, Jr., RPA, CPM, CCIM, partner and chief operating officer, Stream Realty Partners, L.P. “The new standard will allow all types of real estate professionals to measure retail spaces easily and accurately.”
The new standard offers three measurement methods:
- Construction gross area. Includes the area defined as exterior gross area, as well as other areas that have a structural floor or are covered by a roof or canopy that are typically enclosed but within the building perimeter.
- Exterior gross area. The total of all the enclosed floor areas of all floors of a building contained within their measure lines.
- Gross leaseable area. The total enclosed floor area designed for the exclusive use of an occupant, including any basements, mezzanines or upper floors.
The standard also features 16 illustrations, worksheets, and 48 definitions of measurement terms, hyperlinked in a downloadable PDF format.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ