Temasek Polytechnic in Singapore Joins IFMA Foundation Accredited Degree Program
The IFMA Foundation is pleased to announce that Temasek Polytechnic, a leading paraprofessional educational institution in Tampines, Singapore, has joined 13 other prestigious universities as Accredited Degree Program institutions, IFMA Foundation-sanctioned providers of quality facility management degrees.
In addition to accrediting the Temasek Engineering School’s Diploma Program in Integrated Facility Management, the IFMA Foundation reaccredited the Georgia Tech College of Architecture’s Master of Science in Building Construction and Integrated Facility Management and the Pratt Institute School of Architecture’s Master of Science in Facilities Management programs.
Developed in 1996 and revised in 2008, the Accredited Degree Program provides the most comprehensive facility management degrees available through adherence to a broad range of industry educational standards. Accredited schools must provide instruction in the nine core competency areas identified by the International Facility Management Association that define the professional practice of facility management.
“We’re particularly pleased to have Temasek join the Accredited Degree Program because it’s the first facility management associate degree/diploma program to be accredited anywhere in the world,” said IFMA Foundation Director of Academic Affairs Charlie Claar, P.E., CFM, CFMJ. “The number of accredited programs continues to grow, and we’re hopeful that we’ll be able to accredit another three to four schools later this year.”
This recognition places the schools alongside institutions such as Brigham Young University, Conestoga College, Cornell University, Ferris State University, FH Kufstein Tirol, Hanze University Groningen, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Leeds Metropolitan University, NHTV Breda University of Applied Science, Saxion Universities of Applied Sciences and the Wentworth Institute of Technology.
In total, there are seven recognized programs in North America, five in Europe and two in Asia, representing four master’s degree programs, nine bachelor’s degree programs and one associate degree program.
To learn more about the IFMA Foundation Accredited Degree Program and how universities can achieve accreditation, or for a complete list of accredited schools, visit http://www.ifmafoundation.org/scholarships/degree.cfm.
Established in 1990 as a nonprofit 501(c)(3) corporation and separate entity from the International Facility Management Association, the IFMA Foundation has — for 20 years — worked for the public good by promoting priority research and educational opportunities for the advancement of facility management. The IFMA Foundation is supported by the generosity of the facility management community, including IFMA members, chapters, councils, corporate sponsors and private contributors who are united by the belief that education and research improve the facility management profession. To learn more about the good works of the IFMA Foundation, visit www.ifmafoundation.org. For more information about IFMA, visit www.ifma.org.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ