In a flash of marketing brilliance (at least to the feline loving portion of the population), IKEA has launched an advertisement in the UK demonstrating just how easy it is to feel at home when surrounding by functional Swedish designed furniture. To illustrate the point, 100 cats were released into the chain’s Wembly branch and their exploits were captured on film for the new ad.
This video shows just how the stunt (which has gone viral on the web and generated tons of publicity for IKEA) was executed:
What fascinates me is how the facilities and operations people had to get the cats out…from behind walls (with power saws, apparently), exposed ceiling rafters, and all sorts of other unlikely places…in time to open the store to the public the next day.
For a parody of this video, check out this link. Same video, but the audio is hilarious (apologies for off color language).
You might like:
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention