IFMA Foundation Names 2010-2011 Board of Trustees
The IFMA Foundation announces its 2010-2011 executive committee and board of trustees, which began their terms this past July. Stephen Ballesty, CFM, Rider Levett Bucknall’s Sydney, Australia, based head of advisory, has been named the new foundation chair, succeeding Pat Turnbull, MA, LEED AP.
Ballesty is the past chair of the Facility Management Association of Australia, former deputy chair of the Australian Government’s FM Action Agenda initiative, and the first person outside of North America to serve as the foundation’s chair.
Members of the IFMA Foundation board of trustees serve a two-year term and are tasked with managing the foundation and guiding its efforts to serve the facility management profession though education, research, and scholarships.
“I’m delighted to welcome the new IFMA Foundation trustees. We already have a strong platform in place thanks to our broad supporter base and the work of Pat Turnbull and others in recent years,” said Ballesty. “It’s a particularly exciting time for us as we work to take the foundation to the next level and seek recognition of facility management as the foremost contributor to a more productive and sustainable built environment worldwide.”
Also serving on the IFMA Foundation executive committee are First Vice Chair Roger Peterson of ARAMARK Facilities Services; Secretary/Treasurer Sandra Oliver, CFM, of the International Monetary Fund; and IFMA President and CEO Tony Keane, CAE.
Other members of the IFMA Foundation board of trustees include IFMA Second Vice Chair Marc Liciardello, CFM, MBA, CM, of ARAMARK; Peter Ankerstjerne of ISS Facility Services; Diane Coles of SCAN Health Plan; James Corby, CFM, CFMJ, of Steelcase Workplace Services; Kathryn Lopez, CFM, of CB Richard Ellis; Kris Mayo, freelance marketing and event coordinator; Michael Schley, IFMA Fellow, of FM Systems; Dean Stanberry, retired facility professional; Eric Teicholz, IFMA Fellow, of Graphic Systems; and Cheryl Waybright, CFM, IFMA Fellow, of Mace Macro.
“With our first non-North American chair, this year’s board will have an enhanced global perspective that we feel will result in increased international outreach and initiatives,” said IFMA Foundation Executive Director William Rub. “It’s also exciting to have so many new professionals join our board this year. Along with their experience comes new energy and ideas that will positively benefit the foundation over the next year and beyond.”
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.