Metl-Span LLC, based in Lewisville, TX, has introduced CFR Retro-Seam™, an insulated metal standing seam roof panel that features the innovative Roof Hugger® sub-purlin system.
The CFR Retro-Seam system eliminates the need and associated cost of removing an existing roof.
The system uses a light gauge structural member, notched to span over the original roof’s ribs or corrugation, that is positioned directly over the building’s framing system. The member is attached to the roof purlins through the bottom flange of the structural member and the existing roof sheet. The new Metl-Span panels are then attached to the new member.
Metl-Span’s CFR Retro-Seam system can be an energy efficient and economically sound solution for facilities, because it:
- Maximizes thermal performance, which translates into measurably lower energy and usage costs;
- Eliminates the need and associated cost of removing the existing roof;
- Improves the integrity of original design loadings and meets International Building Code (IBC) requirements;
- Provides weathertight performance—building integrity is preserved for decades; and
- Saves approximately 50-70% on labor costs.
The CFR Retro-Seam system is available in a variety of standard, premium, metallic, and pearlescent colors.
You might like:
- Lighting Maintenance: LED Lighting Retrofits
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Friday Funny: Housekeeping Olympic Games
- Cyber Security For Buildings
- Services & Maintenance: Key Pest Control Concerns For Facilities
- Site Security: Background Checks
- Texas Water Dashboard App From USGS
- Hotel Case Study: A Vision By The Sea
- FM Issue: Power Protection For IoT Connection
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- LED Innovation For Warehouse Facility
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- 4 Keys To Improve Energy Efficiency Projects
- Marriage Of Mobility And Facility Security
- New York Offers Commercial Buildings $36M To Cut Energy Costs