Whether during new construction or a retrofit, a common problem encountered with the installation of a sidelight opening in facilities is transporting the complete frame unit to the intended opening. To address this situation, CURRIES, an ASSA ABLOY company, offers its KD SideLight product.
This is a drywall KD (knock-down) sidelight unit that can be assembled and installed at the opening without having to weld the frame pieces together and transport them to various areas of a facility. This eliminates concerns about fitting the welded frame in an elevator or through doorways of a building.
The CURRIES KD SideLight is designed so that contractors can use common hand tools (e.g., level, square, Phillips screwdriver, rubber mallet) to install it into a rough opening in a short amount of time.
Sizes available are: 4′ x 8′ maximum door opening and 8′ x8′ maximum elevation opening. The frame is made with 16 gauge cold rolled and A60 galvanized steel. Standard face measurement is 2″, with 1-1/2″ and 1-3/4″ also available. The KD SideLight Frame can be specified in any of the CURRIES factory painted prefinish colors along with any of the Pantone colors.
You might like:
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Friday Funny: A Valentine’s Day Look At Office Romance
- Facility Executive of the Year 2016: Keeping Costs In Check
- Cyber Security In Real Estate
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention