Whether during new construction or a retrofit, a common problem encountered with the installation of a sidelight opening in facilities is transporting the complete frame unit to the intended opening. To address this situation, CURRIES, an ASSA ABLOY company, offers its KD SideLight product.
This is a drywall KD (knock-down) sidelight unit that can be assembled and installed at the opening without having to weld the frame pieces together and transport them to various areas of a facility. This eliminates concerns about fitting the welded frame in an elevator or through doorways of a building.
The CURRIES KD SideLight is designed so that contractors can use common hand tools (e.g., level, square, Phillips screwdriver, rubber mallet) to install it into a rough opening in a short amount of time.
Sizes available are: 4′ x 8′ maximum door opening and 8′ x8′ maximum elevation opening. The frame is made with 16 gauge cold rolled and A60 galvanized steel. Standard face measurement is 2″, with 1-1/2″ and 1-3/4″ also available. The KD SideLight Frame can be specified in any of the CURRIES factory painted prefinish colors along with any of the Pantone colors.
You might like:
- Lighting Maintenance: LED Lighting Retrofits
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Friday Funny: Housekeeping Olympic Games
- Cyber Security For Buildings
- Site Security: Background Checks
- Services & Maintenance: Key Pest Control Concerns For Facilities
- Hotel Case Study: A Vision By The Sea
- FM Issue: Power Protection For IoT Connection
- Texas Water Dashboard App From USGS
- LED Innovation For Warehouse Facility
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Marriage Of Mobility And Facility Security
- New York Offers Commercial Buildings $36M To Cut Energy Costs
- Workplace Study Reveals Insight On Open Office Layouts