The company asserts its SeriousEnergy Manager provides consistently fast energy savings of 10% to 15% for rapid total solution payback in one to two years. According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), an average 30% of the energy used in commercial buildings is wasted. SeriousEnergy Manager addresses this opportunity for savings by demonstrating energy efficiency improvements for facility managers, whether for an individual building or an entire portfolio of buildings.
SeriousEnergy Manager is a secure web-based platform, with no software to install or maintain; it integrates with building systems to monitor energy usage. Based on proprietary algorithms, SeriousInsight™ advanced analytics integrates occupancy analysis and historical and external data to deliver real-time insight into energy usage and establish baselines, trends, and forecasting of energy consumption. (The core technology of SeriousEnergy Manager™ originated from Serious Materials’ earlier acquisition of Valence Energy.)
The Harker School in San Jose, CA began using Serious Energy in 2009 and has achieved notable energy savings. Said Mike Bassoni, director of facilities there, “SeriousEnergy Manager along with the associated monthly reports, have provided insight to the energy performance of our buildings. This has allowed Harker to act upon these findings, achieving 18% in energy savings.” With more than 1,750 students, the preparatory school is spread across three campuses with five buildings in the upper campus, four in the middle campus, and six in the lower campus.
With this new service offering, Serious Materials has formalized its newest business unit called SeriousEnergy.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management