The company asserts its SeriousEnergy Manager provides consistently fast energy savings of 10% to 15% for rapid total solution payback in one to two years. According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), an average 30% of the energy used in commercial buildings is wasted. SeriousEnergy Manager addresses this opportunity for savings by demonstrating energy efficiency improvements for facility managers, whether for an individual building or an entire portfolio of buildings.
SeriousEnergy Manager is a secure web-based platform, with no software to install or maintain; it integrates with building systems to monitor energy usage. Based on proprietary algorithms, SeriousInsight™ advanced analytics integrates occupancy analysis and historical and external data to deliver real-time insight into energy usage and establish baselines, trends, and forecasting of energy consumption. (The core technology of SeriousEnergy Manager™ originated from Serious Materials’ earlier acquisition of Valence Energy.)
The Harker School in San Jose, CA began using Serious Energy in 2009 and has achieved notable energy savings. Said Mike Bassoni, director of facilities there, “SeriousEnergy Manager along with the associated monthly reports, have provided insight to the energy performance of our buildings. This has allowed Harker to act upon these findings, achieving 18% in energy savings.” With more than 1,750 students, the preparatory school is spread across three campuses with five buildings in the upper campus, four in the middle campus, and six in the lower campus.
With this new service offering, Serious Materials has formalized its newest business unit called SeriousEnergy.
You might like:
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention