NEW SERVICE SPOTLIGHT: SeriousEnergy Manager
The company asserts its SeriousEnergy Manager provides consistently fast energy savings of 10% to 15% for rapid total solution payback in one to two years. According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), an average 30% of the energy used in commercial buildings is wasted. SeriousEnergy Manager addresses this opportunity for savings by demonstrating energy efficiency improvements for facility managers, whether for an individual building or an entire portfolio of buildings.
SeriousEnergy Manager is a secure web-based platform, with no software to install or maintain; it integrates with building systems to monitor energy usage. Based on proprietary algorithms, SeriousInsight™ advanced analytics integrates occupancy analysis and historical and external data to deliver real-time insight into energy usage and establish baselines, trends, and forecasting of energy consumption. (The core technology of SeriousEnergy Manager™ originated from Serious Materials’ earlier acquisition of Valence Energy.)
The Harker School in San Jose, CA began using Serious Energy in 2009 and has achieved notable energy savings. Said Mike Bassoni, director of facilities there, “SeriousEnergy Manager along with the associated monthly reports, have provided insight to the energy performance of our buildings. This has allowed Harker to act upon these findings, achieving 18% in energy savings.” With more than 1,750 students, the preparatory school is spread across three campuses with five buildings in the upper campus, four in the middle campus, and six in the lower campus.
With this new service offering, Serious Materials has formalized its newest business unit called SeriousEnergy.
You might like:
- New GSU College of Law Building Encourages Interaction
- Focus On: Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)
- Question Of The Week: Indoor Air Quality Effects?
- Question of the Week: What Happens During Mold Remediation?
- Grogan & Dove Federal Building Named DBIA Design-Build Project Of The Year
- New Product Flash: UltraDuty GHS Chemical Labels From Avery
- Energy Conservation, Student Performance Top Reasons for Improving U.S. Public Schools
- FM Compliance: Don’t Ignore These Seven Areas
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- FM Alert: CABA Report Highlights Role of Controls In Zero Net Energy Buildings
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Question of the Week: What Are The Cleaning Benefits of Aqueous Ozone?
- Did You Miss The “What You Haven’t Heard About LED Upgrades – But Should!” Webinar?
- FM Alert: Is Your Facility Ready For Winter Weather?
- Flexible Work: Employees Feel Trusted To Get The Job Done, No Matter Where They Work