The company asserts its SeriousEnergy Manager provides consistently fast energy savings of 10% to 15% for rapid total solution payback in one to two years. According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), an average 30% of the energy used in commercial buildings is wasted. SeriousEnergy Manager addresses this opportunity for savings by demonstrating energy efficiency improvements for facility managers, whether for an individual building or an entire portfolio of buildings.
SeriousEnergy Manager is a secure web-based platform, with no software to install or maintain; it integrates with building systems to monitor energy usage. Based on proprietary algorithms, SeriousInsight™ advanced analytics integrates occupancy analysis and historical and external data to deliver real-time insight into energy usage and establish baselines, trends, and forecasting of energy consumption. (The core technology of SeriousEnergy Manager™ originated from Serious Materials’ earlier acquisition of Valence Energy.)
The Harker School in San Jose, CA began using Serious Energy in 2009 and has achieved notable energy savings. Said Mike Bassoni, director of facilities there, “SeriousEnergy Manager along with the associated monthly reports, have provided insight to the energy performance of our buildings. This has allowed Harker to act upon these findings, achieving 18% in energy savings.” With more than 1,750 students, the preparatory school is spread across three campuses with five buildings in the upper campus, four in the middle campus, and six in the lower campus.
With this new service offering, Serious Materials has formalized its newest business unit called SeriousEnergy.
You might like:
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question of the Week: How Can I Protect Employees From Zika Virus?
- VARIDESK Debuts Pro Desk 60 On HBO’s “Silicon Valley”
- Lunetta Exterior Lighting By Amerlux
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Infographic: The Healthcare Speech Privacy Crisis
- SkyBEAM UAV From Tremco FAA Approved For Nighttime Operation
- Spray Kleen Multi-Surface & All-Purpose by Sunburst Chemicals
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Fire Rated Flood Door from PS DOORS
- Energy Storage Solution From Northern Power
- Five Things To Consider When Starting A Predictive Maintenance Program
- President Obama Proclaims May National Building Safety Month