OSHA Adding To Construction Safety and Health Committee
OSHA is seeking nominations for individuals to serve on the Advisory Committee on Construction Safety and Health (ACCSH). The committee advises the Secretary of Labor on developing standards and policies that affect the safety and health of construction workers.
Established as a continuing advisory committee under the Construction Safety Act of 1969, ACCSH and the Assistant Secretary of Labor for OSHA have consulted for nearly 40 years on construction safety issues such as women in construction, recordkeeping, crane safety, and safety and health resources for Latino construction workers.
OSHA seeks nominees with experience and expertise in construction-related safety and health issues. In support of the Department of Labor’s commitment to equal opportunity in the workplace, the agency is also interested in women and individuals from diverse ethnic backgrounds to serve on the committee.
Selected nominees will fill eight vacancies in employee, employer, public, and state safety and health agency representative groups. All 15 ACCSH members serve two year terms, except the representative designated by the Department of Health and Human Services and appointed by the Secretary of Labor, who serves indefinitely. ACCSH meets two to four times a year.
Nominations may be submitted at the Federal eRulemaking Portal. If submitting nominations by mail, send them to the OSHA Docket Office, Docket No. OSHA-2010-0028, U.S. Department of Labor, N-2625, 200 Constitution Ave., N.W., Washington, DC. 20210. Nominations not exceeding 10 pages may be faxed to 202-693-1648. The deadline for submissions is November 12, 2010.
You might like:
- New GSU College of Law Building Encourages Interaction
- Focus On: Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)
- Question Of The Week: Indoor Air Quality Effects?
- Energy Conservation, Student Performance Top Reasons for Improving U.S. Public Schools
- Question of the Week: What Happens During Mold Remediation?
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Question of the Week: How Can I Prevent Bed Bugs In My Facility?
- New Product Flash: UltraDuty GHS Chemical Labels From Avery
- Grogan & Dove Federal Building Named DBIA Design-Build Project Of The Year
- FM Compliance: Don’t Ignore These Seven Areas
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Question of the Week: What Are The Cleaning Benefits of Aqueous Ozone?
- FM Alert: CABA Report Highlights Role of Controls In Zero Net Energy Buildings
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Facilities Generate Revenue With Frequency Regulation