This September marks the seventh annual National Preparedness Month, and the Federal Emergency Management Agency, the American Red Cross, and many local communities are encouraging businesses to assess their respective levels of readiness.
Here are a few tips from BOMA International’s Preparedness Committee on how property professionals can maximize preparedness:
- Visit www.ready.gov, which contains information and resources on a wide variety of preparedness topics.
- Enroll as a coalition member of The National Preparedness Program and agree to promote preparedness during the month.
- Join the September 9, 2010 town hall conference call at 2:00 EDT with FEMA executives regarding preparedness and how you can make a difference.
- Arrange a discussion among team members about existing plans and programs for response to potential incidents. Distribute the plan to all stakeholders.
- Set up a meeting with neighbors to share emergency response plans and identify ways you can work together to challenge protocols and responses.
- Set up a table–top session and include property team members, first responders, neighbors, employee groups, and other stakeholders to challenge and update existing plans.
- Contact your local American Red Cross branch to conduct first aid awareness, CPR training, and consider signing up for the Ready Rating program sponsored by the Red Cross.
- Confirm that all staff members have personal emergency response plans in place.
You might like:
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention