This September marks the seventh annual National Preparedness Month, and the Federal Emergency Management Agency, the American Red Cross, and many local communities are encouraging businesses to assess their respective levels of readiness.
Here are a few tips from BOMA International’s Preparedness Committee on how property professionals can maximize preparedness:
- Visit www.ready.gov, which contains information and resources on a wide variety of preparedness topics.
- Enroll as a coalition member of The National Preparedness Program and agree to promote preparedness during the month.
- Join the September 9, 2010 town hall conference call at 2:00 EDT with FEMA executives regarding preparedness and how you can make a difference.
- Arrange a discussion among team members about existing plans and programs for response to potential incidents. Distribute the plan to all stakeholders.
- Set up a meeting with neighbors to share emergency response plans and identify ways you can work together to challenge protocols and responses.
- Set up a table–top session and include property team members, first responders, neighbors, employee groups, and other stakeholders to challenge and update existing plans.
- Contact your local American Red Cross branch to conduct first aid awareness, CPR training, and consider signing up for the Ready Rating program sponsored by the Red Cross.
- Confirm that all staff members have personal emergency response plans in place.
You might like:
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question of the Week: How Can I Protect Employees From Zika Virus?
- VARIDESK Debuts Pro Desk 60 On HBO’s “Silicon Valley”
- Lunetta Exterior Lighting By Amerlux
- Spray Kleen Multi-Surface & All-Purpose by Sunburst Chemicals
- SkyBEAM UAV From Tremco FAA Approved For Nighttime Operation
- Infographic: The Healthcare Speech Privacy Crisis
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Five Things To Consider When Starting A Predictive Maintenance Program
- Energy Storage Solution From Northern Power
- Question Of The Week: Water Conservation Tips
- President Obama Proclaims May National Building Safety Month
- Best Practices For Data Center Management